Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Illuminated helmet, clothing and bike

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by ozsi, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Hey guys & girls,

Interested to see if anyone is using these products and/or know if they are legal to use on Australian Roads. I would have thought these types of products would be ideal in increasing a riders visibility on the roads in poor lighting conditionings.

I suspect the RHOK product is pushing it in terms of the ADRs, though its not actually a light :)

The other two are not technically part of the bike. I'm wondering if the correct colours are used if it would be ok e.g. red at the rear and white and the front. I understand flashing lights may not be permitted nor is anything blue.

http://www.rhok.com.au/wheel lights.htm

Happy to hear your thoughts/experiences.

2. The principal of RHOK is a member here and in another thread he has discussed his own experienced with illumination and has not had an issue. I think you would be OK if as you say you stick to the rules about no red forward, no white backwards and no flashing.
  3. Hi viz will save us.

4. I haven't tried any of those but My Shark S700 Jost has some sort of reflective stickers that supposedly "charge up" in sunlight.
    seem relatively bright too!
  5. I put some green rim lights on the bike shortly after I picked it up thinking all about how much safer it will be at night, the first time I took it out idiots wanted to drag and play around, having the opposite result.

Being seen is one thing, being a target quite another.