Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I'll take one in red please....

Discussion in 'Multimedia' at netrider.net.au started by NovaCoder, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Not sure if this suspect link will work, but here goes.
    06 GSXR1000

Doesn't she look purty 8)

2.  Top
  3. i think i saw one of these on the road yesterday - nice looking bike!

4. Hang on a sec, is that a crack in the frame :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

5. hahah.... he's quick... not bad.

6. yeah, watch the frame doesn't snap when you sit on it! :p

p.s. does that weird rectangular lookig exhaust give anyone else the sh!ts? damn it pisses me off!

7. Reds nice but does it come in black . I love black.

8. I was thinking of getting a GSXR600 when I get off my P's. Though I have to say that the frame issue scares the bejesus out me.

9. that's what made me notice the bike yesterday :LOL: unfortunately it was parked so i couldn't hear what it sounded like.

10. Hmmmm, guys liking black on a small bike.....Hmmmmm, Kind of contraDICKS the legend :LOL: :LOL:

11. Only the 05' 1000 suffers from this *alleged* problem....it won't be an issue with 06 models.

12. uhuh - too many stickers make the bike look overworked.

If I bought a new porsche and it had stickers and crap all over it, i'd be somewhat dissappointed...

13. Something else on the dont say whiteboard. Dont express your colour preferences . Wont be much to talk about soon.

14. If it happens with the 05 models and Suzuki is not aware of it... and.... infact.... it does not really exist.... Then how can it be resolved.???

At the same time, if you are saying it is resolved in the 06 model, then that is admission to the fault actually existing :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

15. I have taken steps to quash this rumour once and for all -

I have contacted Suzuki and asked for 10 test K5 machines, which I will share with my mates at track days, and I let them know if they break.

Watch this space for their response.

16. Well I didn't actually say it would be resolved, just that it wouldn't be a problem with the 06 models....

:p

17. I have to say that I love the look of it except for the exhaust. It is just too bulbous when the rest of the bike is so light and delicate-looking. Does anyone know why they have chosen to persevere with that type of exhaust when Honda and Yamaha have obviously perfected the under-seat design? I mean, surely it hasn't to do with under-seat storage, cos no-one would be too worried about that on a sports bike anyway, I'd imagine.

18. Simple, performance versus form......

Which bikes are winning at the moment, the Suzuki with it form... Which bikes are losing, the Honda, Yamaha and kawi, all focused on the underseat cosmetics rather than designed to win.....