Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ill fitting leathers

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by crazynate, Apr 24, 2009.

1. I recently purchased Joe Rocket GPX 2pc leathers and while I tried on both the size I bought and the next size down it appears after wearing the jacket today it is actually too big, mainly in ther chest/neck area.

I sat on the bike when I tried them on and they looked and felt good but the neck gapes a fair bit (good ventilation i guess) there is a bit of room around the rib cage and chest but the waist is fine.

I could live with it as the armour stays seated on my shoulders and arms but I think it should be altered to fit a little more snug. Is it a case of wearing it in, altering or selling and purchasing a different brand???

Maybe I could get fit and lose the gut and man boobs...... but then the suit would be way too big. Maybe I should gain more weight and fill the suit out better......... maybe I should speak to Phil @ HiSide Leathers.

Has anyone had their leathers altered in the past and and what sort of $$$ did it cost?
  2. buy a back protector and pretend you meant to get it large. :grin:
  3. That was my first thought too. A big arse back protector.
  4. there are also vests with back and chest protectors. (alpinestars bioinic)
  5. as mentioned, the armour, definately. also, a little bit more room allows for a hoodie/more layers when its cold. and it will be cold :p
  6. Yes...cold....hmmmm nah I am in Qld my winter cold weather is still pretty good. 4am starts will still suck but I have my DriRider Nordic Pro as a fallback.

I am going to try the old trick of drenching my leathers and then riding till they are dry and see how it feels after that.

I have been quoted between $90 and $400 for alterations depending on how much needs to be altered and how fiddly it is.

I guess I can't complain...... its original ticket price was $1199 and I paid half that.

Nibor, do you own an armour jacket? If so how do you find it for comfort and fit under leathers?

Other option is fleabay and buy another one.
  7. Go and see Phil at Hi-side, he can alter it for you and will set you straight on how to check a suit for fit.