Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by mrlitespeed, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Howdy fellow two wheeled brethren. Stumbled across this cool website when I was doing a search on pocket bikes. Living in darwin at the moment, but my baby is in Perth being cared for by my best mate. She's a 2001 Kawasaki ZX7R. Bought a new number plate for her which I think is pretty fitting for the way people drive in perth. It's 'IH8CARS' Have had a few waves from drivers who are obviously riders also, and I have had a few stares from other drivers, and even been heckled by 18 year old P-Platers. But I don't care...I love it! Other riders have nodded in appreciation.
    Speaking of which...I wanted to voice a topic which I would like clarified/argued/agreed with. What ever has happened to the once common nod of appreciation from other motorcyclists as you pass them. I thought the nod used to be a common sign of respect and appreciation as you passed another biker, but it has almost vanished. I have never understood why a guy/girl on a sportsbike nods a guy/girl on a crusier or varying bike and there is no return. Have been riding for 6 years and would love to see this mark or respect return in ernest!

2. welcome to the forums
    love the rego :LOL:

we had a nod thread not that long ago , oh it was a buety
    have a look back and you will see it :LOL:

have a darwin stubbie for us all :wink:
  3. Oh don't worry brother, it's alive and well here.

I'll nod to cruisers, sporties, scooters, posties, you name it - and there's about an 80% return rate when they've seen me.

I sure as fcuk won't nod to a squid though, especially one with his girlfriend perched up on the back in hot pants. I'd sooner kick them over at the lights.
  4. Heya mrlitespeed! Welcome aboard!!

:D :D :D
  5. Welcome to the forums.
    I nod to everyone...well almost.
    On my way to work this afternoon I had a guy (adult with surprise surprise, no protective gear) on a pocketbike giving me a nod, I just laughed :LOL:
  6. Welcome to the forums Mr L!
  7. flipper- im about to reply to the thread of "bloody pocketbikes" i love them, but they belong on go-kart tracks or oragnised areas such as warehouse carparks. it makes me feel literally sick in the stomach when i see kids without protective gear riding them. and the adults just make me down right angry!

groberts- i can't find the thread. do you remember what category it was in??
  8. Welcome Mrlitespeed :)

And a big Howdy Doody to the folks up there in Darwin :D

Bloody pocket bikes there every where!!!!
  9. Hiya Mr.

Think this is the thread

It's a big one so grab a beer and some nibbles before you start.

I do tend to nod but sometimes I get "the vibe" that they ain't ever going to nod back - i.e so called badarses - otherwise it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling...

8) I'm such a loser :LOL:
  10. Heya,

I love your number plate :D :twisted: I always nod to other riders, if people don't nod back I turn around and chase them with my chainsaw :twisted:

Welcome to the forum

Lisa :twisted: