Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ignition appears to be tampered.

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Pockets, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Hey guys,

Just went outside and attempted to start my bike, went to put in the key and had difficulty (noticed a dent in my ignition on 1 side). After enough jiggling got the key in, got out of steering lock, but the key won't turn any further than half way between off and on.

Obviously this means I cannot start the bike, it looks to be like somebody else had inserted a key and turned it really hard bending the ignition, or they have hit it in with something.

I just purchased this bike on the weekend, took ages to save up and have no cash left at the moment. How much do i need to save before contemplating calling a locksmith?

2. Man that sucks, sorry to hear it. I'd just call around for quotes, might not be too bad.

3. Get a torch and have a look to see if anything has been jammed into the ignition