Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

If you see da police

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Ktulu, Oct 19, 2006.

1. [and they're coming the other way]... wave!

Long story short: the XR8 highway patrol cars stall after a quick U-turn, and can't be started immediately afterwards.

Apparently the alternators can't handle all the magical cop gear that they use these days [12v coffee machine and donut conveyor?] - and it gets to crisis point during a spirited U-turn.

BTW, if any police are reading this, I think you do a great job and I hope you get your SS highway patrol cars soon. Mind you, if the commissioner knew his Bathurst history, you'd have GTR Skylines; but that's another story altogether.

2. If only this happened to bike cops aswell id be in the clear. Mind u my gaffa taped fairings must look attractive to em.

3. Heh, I accidentally wheelied past an oncoming cop car yesterday. Dopey bugger I am. Perhaps this explains how I got away... Or perhaps it was the heavy traffic I split through.

Or perhaps they had real criminals to catch instead of happy hooligans...

....NAH!

4. I reckon they should go back to 360 Chargers. :LOL: The GTR's wouldn't be near as fast with all the cop gear bolted in.
    Seriously, how hard would it be to bolt another alternator in there? I mean, they modify them enough as it is.
    I am not a Holden fan, but teh Monaro would fit the bill a lot better than anything else made locally, and then maybe teh public could buy base model Monaros at auctions for a realistic price. ( I still think Holden should offer an Executive trim Monaro with the V6, the market is there).

Regards, Andrew.

5. Then the police would be as popular as Jimmy was :grin: what with actually catching up with speeders and whatnot.

6. :shock: You are such a HOONIAC!!!!!!!

7. One of the coolest things I've ever seen on the highway was a highway patrol Falcon pulling out and flooring after a speeding van next to my sister's Mirage, didn't even drop behind us at 110kmh, freakin' crazy.

Just glad it wasn't one of the buggered XR8s (it was a Turbo)

Oh, and VE SS > every Falcon

8. i had a wicked smile on my face tonight coming home. :twisted:

while accelerating rapidly :twisted: to overtake a cple of cars i noticed, a little too late, on the other side of the street a group of cops all turn around around in my direction

9. I was reading this topic, When I looked up at the little "Ads by Google"
    Window, And I noticed these ads....
    Police Auction
    Police Car
    Gay Police
    Police Badge
    Police Costume

Copied as I found them. Theres a message in that, I think.
    Not that there's anything wrong with that! :p

10. Cant be these ones, these ones have TROUBLE turning around... ;)