Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

If you could be remotely interested

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by hornet, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Permission to make a strange request. Thenk yup!!
    I have an Aldi Tv, which I love but the remote has carked it.
    It has the part number AS-39FHD1.
    Does any fellow Netrider have an expired TV and therefore a surplus remote???

2. You cunning Googler!!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. A cheap universal one will do, Program it and your good to go.
  4. I've never had any success with these universal thingies: is there one you could recommend?
  5. I am not convinced a Universal will work in this case.
    • If it is a learning remote you don't have the original to teach it.
    • If it is one with brands and models setup in it already it may not support something unusual such as your Aldi Bauhn.
  6. I think your eBay item is the way to go.....
  7. Cannot recommend a type ,but the TVs where Sony and Samsung which were easy to program.
    Cjvfr possibly has a good point.
  8. Your looking at this the wrong way.......it's not time to get a new remote but time to get a new TV.......
  9. Even now I doubt I could get a 40" LCD tv for as little as the Aldi one cost three years ago. Besides my stingy nature won't let me throw out the tv just for the sake of a forty dollar remote....
  10. I do indeed have an expired Aldi TV (expired literally one day after warranty!) will have a look around to see if I can find the remote, but don't hold your breath.
  11. Champion!!
  12. Further to, I just rang the customer service line at Bauhn, and purchased a brand new replacement for$30 including postage! Try getting service like that from Woolworths or Coles!!!
    • Like Like x 3
  13. No sign of the spare at this end, so just as well you found one.
  14. Thanks mate!
  15. I hear a lot of people rubbish Aldi, but I've usually had pretty good experiences, even with their bike gear - you get what you pay for.

Had one of their DVR's playup on me, rang their warrant number, was told to email a photo with the cord cut off showing it was no longer usable, money was then re-deposited into my account, no real hassles at all.

We don't have Aldi down here in Tassie, miss lining up on a winter's Saturday morning in Canberra for those specials :happy: