Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

If Microsoft made Scooters...

Discussion in 'Scooters' started by Braddo, Oct 5, 2005.

1. If Microsoft made Scooters...

Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the Scooter industry and stated, "If scooters had kept up with the technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25.00 Scooters that got 1,000 miles to the gallon and would do 500 miles per hour."

In response to Bill's comments, the MCIA issued a press release stating: If scooters had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be riding Scooters with the following characteristics:

1. For no reason whatsoever, your Scooter would crash twice a day.

2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new Scooter.

3. Occasionally your Scooter would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull over to the side of the road, shut off the engine, restart it, before you could continue. For some reason you would simply accept this.

4. Occasionally, executing a manoeuvre such as a left turn would cause your Scooter to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.

5. Macintosh would make a Scooter that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to ride, but would run on only five percent of the roads.

6. The oil, water temperature, and generator warning lights would all be replaced by a single "This Scooter Has Performed an Illegal Operation" warning light.

7. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your Scooter main lock would lock you out and refuse to work until you simultaneously pulled on both brake levers, lifted the seat, and operated the main lock simultaneously.

8. Every time a new Scooter was introduced, Scooter buyers would have to learn how to ride all over again, because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old Scooter.

9. Oh yeah, and last but not least . . . you'd have to press the "Start" button to turn the engine off!

10. Hoorah to scooters!

2. hmmm, a scooter re-working of the actual General Motors byplay from some years ago......
  3. Update -

The manual would no longer be available in print, and would only be accessible when the scooter is running. If it stops running, consult the manual.
  4. ..and drivers for the on-board computer are available on the 'Net, but you can't log onto the 'Net without the drivers......
  5. Thank god he speculated about scooters and not Bikes.....
    Im an Apple user and abuser and microsoft is a dirty word for me in my industry. But they do have there uses but you need to be a technician of some degree to get the thing to work efficiently.
    Im not getting into a debate on PC and Mac its like comparing a bin to a house......
  6. Poor bastard, me too, since back when they had 64k of ram and 100k of floppy disk.
  7. PCs are a technical choice, MACS are a religious choice!!!
    Hey stookie, i've added you in on messenger
  8. Yeah, I know it's an old joke but I saw it rewritten on another Scooter BBS.
    Thought this section needed some more chatter.
  9. Funy thing is that some cheaper 50cc scooters probably behave like that anyway :LOL:
  10. My 50cc Mini bike certainly does :p
  11. :LOL: :p :LOL:

Mac's are just aimed at high end consumers. People prepared to pay for more than what they need to get something that looks wanky... :p