Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

If it smells like a new member...

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Zane Marx, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Hi Everyone at Netrider,

I thought it was kinda boring to give you guys the same old hello/new member as a subject so I decided to make it a bit more interesting.

I'm going to say pretty much the same thing as everyone else does, long time reader, first time poster, etc etc. so to cut to the chase I will introduce myself.

I'm 27yo, live in Sydney on the North Shore, in Turramurra, those of you who know the area don't hold it against me. I promise I'm not a snob. I've been riding for about a month now, I bought myself a brand new Honda CB400.

I just want to say a huge thanks to all the members here because ever since I have found net rider and have been reviewing the new rider tips I have improved my riding greatly. If you don't already know it I'll just say it once more you guys are awesome and the website is a goldmine for young new riders, so thanks.

2. welcome to netrider :)
  3. nice one zane.

don't worry i know plenty of bogans that live in the 'turra' area as well as snobs ;)

funnily enough, i'm 27 and have a brand new cb400 as well and am rediculously happy with it. :cool:

what colour did you get? make sure you add yours to the bike garage feature to show it off and represent!
  4. Hi, I am a new mature age rider, finally getting around to some Me Time. I have a Yamaha Virago 250 and am like a kid again when I take the covers off my machine in the morning. Can't wait to hop on and GO. Love this site. Stay safe everybody. Cheers
  5. Welcome Aboard zane & Sunflowergirl!
  6. Welcome one and all.

Please seriously consider giving us some detailed feedback on the new Honda 400; it's right in the zone as a first bike, but no-one knows much about it yet......
  7. Welcome to you both and if you wish to avoid the dreaded curse of Ktulu
    post up some pictures of your bikes... :LOL:
  8. Hey Junglist I got the electric blue one. It looks much better in person than it does in the photos on the honda website.
    I have just placed it in the garage with some photos. I can't post a link yet at I don't have enough posts.

Sunflower girl, I know what you mean, this weekend I took every opportunity to get on the bike and head out for a ride, buying milk, posting a letter, checking the price of petrol at the local servos, bascially any half arsed excuse I could find to get on and go for a ride.

I'm happy to give you some feedback on the CB400 if you let me know where, I'm still not 100% with the sight as yet.

9. Chuck it in here https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewforum.php?f=4

Welcome to Netrider zane & Sunflowergirl!