Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

If I were Mayor of this town.

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' at netrider.net.au started by Chef, Oct 9, 2006.

1. I'd put a toll on Sandown Raceway and open it to the public. It would be a lot like the Nurburg ring in Germany. Only I'd call it the Burger Ring.
    It would cost you 5 bucks a go, and you could go as many times as you like. The only stipulation is, you do one lap at a time, and then you line up again.
    Entrance is off Princes Hwy, across the overpass, down into pitlane. A boom gate will operate at the end of pitlane and let 1 car (or a couple of bikes :wink:) through at 1 minute intervals.
    No accidents will be recorded against the national road toll - There Will Be No Speed Limits

And the great thing is....all you gotta do is say, 'honey, i need $20 for a couple of burgers'
    You could even pop in on the way home from work!

p.s. if I could figure out how to embed a picture I would.....
    ...but here's a link instead.
    http://picasaweb.google.com/steve.scheffer/Maps/photo#4983786103397089298

2. Hey Chef your image address doesn't contain the ".jpg" ending... all you have to do is go to where your image is hosted... right click/option click (mac) on the image and select copy link. paste link within [ img:width:height ] [ /img ] tags put numbers in place of width and height to make it smaller for the forum.

If you get stuck quote my text and check out how I've got it

Ha Ha If I were local council I'd line up my speed cameras on Princess Hwy and collect the monie$

3. [img:600:521:b1eea2aaf3]http://lh3.google.com/steve.scheffer/RSn3DkmDABI/AAAAAAAAAH0/n_gR8JloIuk/Sandown%20%28mod%29.jpg[/img:b1eea2aaf3]

Dude I did it!
    Now, if I could just figure out how to stop junk-mail getting in my letterbox.

Thanks mate.

4. Great idea :D

Not only would you have less 'street racing hoons' on the road, but Melbourne would eventually mould some A1 racers :D

5. Every so often I would have 'Mayor's Day'.
    The track would be closed completely, and anybody who had a suspended licence (with proof) could come and drive/ride for free. :cool: