Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Idiot arrested doing 95km/h over speed limit

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Rusti_GotRage, May 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Rusti_GotRage, May 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    Sounds like an idiot who can't corner to me... But doing 195km/hr on public roads... *shakes head* not the place!

2. where else can you do it?
  3. #3 Rusti_GotRage, May 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    Gee, I dunno...

Race tracks maybe?!! Where it's NOT illegal?!!
  4. oh race track ok
  5. I've driven in excess of 195km. I hope I don't get arrested next time I drive to Dubbo.

And they call themselves journalists... ](*,)

Is 180 on public roads ok?
    What about 170?
    160? Or is that still too dangerous?
    How low do you want to push it before riding on public roads becomes acceptable? 150? 140? hmm?

I think you will find several netriders could (and more than likely do) easily get in excess of 200 on a day out.
  6. He should have killed someone, then they could let him off.
  7. Apart from it being illegal here and depending on the specific circumstances, 200km/h on public roads isn't that big a deal. Have you driven in Europe before?
  8. Yet he crashed in a back street, and no doubt at a much lower speed.

Also, arguably being already disqualified technically doesn't make him "a motorcyclist" as such.
  9. I just don't understand how that much speed can be that fun on a public road. You've got a million things to worry about already on a bike on a public road, add to that getting busted - not just a "more than 10km/h but less than 15km/h" fine but some serious charges - doesn't sound worth it, whether or not you're experienced enough to handle that speed.

Trackdays cost a lot less than getting caught doing 195km/h, you can go faster, and I'm guessing they are pretty fun. But then again my whole post is speculative.
  10. Therein lies the thrill for some.
  11. By 'European roads' you mean a few remaining German Autobahns that are unlimited.

French Autoroute = 130kmh dry. 110kmh wet.
    French N Roads = 100kmh
    British Motorway = 120kmh
    British A Roads = 100kmh

Aside from our ridiculous freeway speeds, we're about the same.

Nowhere apart from a few German Autobahns is 195kmh legal.
  12. Point taken :) Each to their own I guess

13. Trackday:

DEFINITELY costs you a few hundred bucks.
    Lots of sitting around.
    Drive christ knows how far to get there.
    Have to plan ahead.

High speed blat down the highway:

MIGHT cost you a few hundred bucks.
    No sitting around.
    It's right there.
    Do it when you want.

Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer to see everyone do all their fast riding on tracks… but there aren't enough tracks, there isn't enough money, etc.
  14. If you ride a "big bike" and have never done 200, do real motorcyclists the world over a favour and sell your machine ASAP. They make nice scooters that will fulfill your needs much better, while also being more economical for you.
  15. How big is a big bike? I've got a bike that can comfortably reach 200 (in top gear), yet I haven't. In fact, the fastest I've been on it was at the exit of a bend/corner. You interested in buying a 400 as a tracky?
  16. Whether or not 195kmh is safe (your decision), the Northern Highway is definitely not the right place. You're almost guaranteed to get busted, and there seem to be more than your average number of 'no judgement, no skills' road users (which probably accounts for the enforcement).
  17. 195km/h isnt that quick on the street, and the guy was my age. oh it wasnt me either haha.
  18. Interesting. I've been chatting with a mate about what it would take to set up a mini Nurburgring somewhere around Melbourne. Ignoring the issues of a) finding a council that would permit it, and b) liability insurance, how many people would be interested in something like that? And do you reckon the interest would be on weekdays too, or only weekends?

Oh, and how much would you be willing to pay for a lap or an hour on the track?
  19. bwahahaha very true :)

from memory we were looking at something like a 2km track but it depends on what land we could get.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.