Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ideas for New Leather Jacket

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Timmy32, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Hi guys,

I am after a bit of advice for a new leather jacket. My budget is around $900. I know this is something that is personal taste, was just after some ideas so that I can choose the one I like best after trying them on etc. My current one is Dainese Santa Monica.

I ride everyday, temps range from between 6-40 degree heat.

2. [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Don't mind a leathery, quite sweet needs lots of lemon and pepper.
  4. I was gonna suggest a Tiger Angel waterproof leather jacket. Then I saw his budget so I put forward the cheap and nasty A* as the alternative ;)
  5. Another good Aussie maker
  6. Indeed, very tasty.
  7. Are you from sydney? if so go and visit ozmotorcycleleathers in surry hills, for 900 dollars they will be able to build you a bloody good jacket, probably for way less, but because gimoto do custom work im pretty sure you can find a way to spend a lot of money.

If your in melbourne go for tiger angle.

What im saying is, get custom fit, your budget allows it so you should get it.
  8. "talk about my fish or shut the fuck up"

no-one else did it :D
    • Like Like x 1
  9. You blokes crack me up--$900 on a jacket,what a joke
    Here is my list-

Leather jacket-$200
    Jeans ----------$50

Carton of Coopers-$40 =13 free cartons
  10. Cheapskate!
  11. 6-40 degrees requires 2 jackets. Summer and winter. That's what I would do if I had $900.
  12. 40C requires special gear-fishnets and denim .
  13. they will definitely make just the jacket

It is over budget

It will last the rest of your life if you look after it. I was there earlier this week and Steve was telling me about replacing a zipper on a 20 year old jacket.

If you can up the budget you should talk to TA.
  14. +1 to that. Although some good jackets work in both winter and summer.

Maybe you could spend $600-700 on a good winter jacket and the rest on a mesh summer jacket.

Came across THIS jacket. Looks good.
  15. why would you only want one leather jacket anyway when you can just continue to buy random bike related gear and shit for the rest of your life?

edit: this jacket is supposed to be good and its very expensive so it probably is: http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=14785
  16. Agree with some of the others - $900 for a leather jacket is nuts.

If you want Dainese go to these guys

You will have at least $500 change