Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ideal jetting for PWK 28

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by tan keng lee, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Hi guys

Need some help here.

I will be fitting a Keihin PWK28 carb ( flat slide) to replace the PE 28 carb ( round slide) on my NSR150sp.

What is the ideal main and pilot jet jet sizes I should use?

How many turns of the ait screw should I make?

The bike is running on Denso IW24 Iridium plug, K&N filter with air-box attached and does not have any modification to it's exhaust.

Primary sprocket drive 15
    Seconadry sprocket drive 42

I will need good low and middle end power with good top end speed up to 160 km/hr at 6th gear.

2. hey mate the thing is jetting is really very circumstantial, as no one is going to make recomendations because its not something u can guess just i cant remember if the pwk is a power jet or not, power jet carbs usually run smaller mains but basically it will be close to what u are already running ,,just start a few sizes biger then come down ...do a serch for 2 stroke jetting there are heaps of info on techniques for jetting u will probably find the stock way it has been set up will be the closet to acheive what u want..i had a mate with one had a bit of work done made lil difference to that bike he had a chamber and porting..mostly all u will do is move the power around..