Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

ID 10 T carrying large BBQ on bike on Fwy

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by Hotcam, Feb 1, 2008.

1. http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23140916-2862,00.html

Umm, holy crap.

2. Bet he just got back from South East Asia........

3. I guess none of these guys have been to India or as already mentioned, SE Asia! :LOL:

4. Hahaha awesome! That might just be the most Australian thing I've ever seen. All he needs is a set of corks hanging off his lid.

5. You wouldn't want to forget and start lanesplitting would you :grin: .

6. ^^^^ That made me laugh ^^^^

Riding in Thailand I would often see a scooter carrying a number of 6m bambo poles which they use for scaffolding... only once the guy was carrying them width ways instead of long ways... :grin:

7. "Police have seen the photos and confirmed they will investigate the matter"

Wankers.

8. what are they going to ivestigate- see what kind of BBQ it is, see hwo many people have that BBQ and that bike PFFTT*** +1 for coolness

9. What an absolute :jerk: You can't possiblty think he has proper control of his bike. Imagine what kind of a mess would be made if he came unstuck.

Ibast, Shant and Loz, you are as stupid as the rider for seemingly condoning this behaviour. Grow up and think about the consequences, this is not Thailand or SE Asia - Thank god.

10. Oh come on, that is about as "can do" and ocker as it gets.

11. i'd give it a go :grin:

i bet he overcooked a few corners! [groan]

12. Out of interest Hubie, besides the spectical this creates, how many actual accidents have you attended where this sort of behaviour has resulted in an incident?

13. I have attended thousands of accidents and have never once seen one involving a BBQ. Ergo, anecdotally, riding with BBQs is safe. I attended one once involving a small folding step-ladder strapped to the riders back. (I will leave the outcome to your imagination - you don't want my 'war stories'.) Lesson: don't carry step-ladders but BBQs are safe!!!!

I'm with you Hubie75. [/color]

14. No worse than the people reading the newspaper, putting on makeup, turning around to yell at their kids etc. whilst driving - just a lot more obvious.

15. +1

The rider obviously would be aware his control was limited but he chose to do the aussie thing and make sure the snags could be cooked at the BBQ.

Give that man a beer :LOL:

hubbie settle down there. if you dont like cleaning people off the road find a new job :wink:

16. OMG THATS ME !!! LOL

just joking

17. best laugh ive had so far today, cheers Joel :grin: :grin: :grin:

19. Now the _couch_ i'd like to see. Cue the utube video of the RC Couch

20. Was he sitting on the couch whilst riding?