Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Icon Kevlar Jeans

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by VCM, Jun 20, 2008.

1. I own 3 pairs of Draggins ( 1 traffic, 2 cargos ) that I'm extremely happy with. I wear em whenever I ride, and often when going out.
    Once I get to work I change into my work gear ( an old pair of jeans etc ).
    For those of you that don't know what I do for a crust, I machine cylinder heads and test vehicles for Roadworthiness. I often need to pick up vehicles from Clients and lately have beem riding there, ( I leave the bike, grab the car, return the car, ride back ).
    Often the ride is only 5 -15 min each way, and I dont bother changing.
    However I've been thinking I should get a pair of kevlars to work in, which means they'll probably get a little grubby :shock: Don't wanna spoil my good draggins.
    Been looking for cheaper alternatives when I noticed some Icon's on ebay. Has anyone tried em? From what I can tell they only have kevlar in the knees and none around the ass.
    The other alternative is draggin kevlar 'legs'.

Any opinions or Advice ?

2. I'd go the Draggin kevlar legs - then you can wear through your crappy work gear as often as you like.
  3. just gotta hope your workplace isnt too hot, otherwise wearing jeans + Kevlar legs will get quite warm.
  4. I've had the Icon and the Draggin both for a few years now and wear them regularly.

Both are good,
    Icon is more traditionally jean shaped and I think a bit more comfy.
    Draggin offers better protection but can be hot especially indoors
    in summer (the kevlar knit is kind of like wool knit for warmth).

Doesn't sound like you are going particularly fast in them? I'd tend to
    go for the Icons.
  5. I live in my Hornee 'bruised blue' jeans, they're just like a normal pair of jeans, one of the guys at work crashed in them, tore the denim but not the kevlar. Hornee's are only $198 ($189 to Netriders).
  6. Thank Guys .. I was a little concerned about the lack of bum protection.
    There is a cheap set of Icons on Ebay I'm watching, I'll start bidding on em.