Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Icon Accelerant Boots

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Mr Messy, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Hey all.
    Anyone use these boots? They look pretty reasonable ie being able to walk in the damn things... and probably offer some reasonable protection.
    Just curious to know if anyone has any experience with them.

2. Yeah i got a set of them too, i get blisters and the like because theres no flex in them.
  3. Love my Icon accelerants...good protection and comfortable enough to just walk around in.
  4. Thats what i like to hear sploder. Comfy to walk in and good protection...
    Will get myself a set of them along with a new helmet when i get back down to mcas again ;).
  5. might get myself a pair of these also, got $150 gift voucher at mcas thanks to the boys at Sydney learner session
  6. Being an american sizing, you will find that you need the larger size to match the aus/euro equivalent i.e. if you take a 10 AU you will probably need a 12 US.
  7. Good for you goz, nice of the learners ;).

Ah shit, i take a 14AU...
    Different makes though, so a 12AU might fit...
  8. I've been looking at getting a pair of these myself - best price I can find is from the US obviously. Most stores are selling them for $125 a pair plus shipping - under or about $150 total. Will save you a yellow on the prices here.
  9. Hmm thanks for the tip havok. Ill at least get myself sized up ;).
  10. OK i tried these on today and couldnt wait to take them off, way to stiff for my liking, not good riding shoes at all
  11. Stiff? :(.
    I want boots that bend! Ive got stiff riding boots already and i hate them!
    Think ill just have to try on whatever they have and see what works.
    Dont mind something stiff to start with so long as it has some give in it. My Rjays Terrain havent bent once in 6 months.

Did you find anything better goz?
  12. :-k

Decisions decisions.
    Ill go try out the icons... and whatever else they have at mcas.
    If i dont like i wont buy - ive got a pair of boots i dont like already :p.

Ill keep those in mind though, thanks Finn.