Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Icicle Ride 2010, Saturday 24th July

Discussion in 'VIC' at netrider.net.au started by CFVFR, May 17, 2010.

1. I am posting this here as I have yet to find any info on the above through the BMW owners Club website.

It's getting chilly, and that can only mean one thing!

Yep,

Frozen Ging-Gang and/or Bitties time!!. 8-[
    Lets separate the men from the boys shall we?=D>

Missed last years as I was in the UK so am :busting: to do it again.
    I know Netrider have taken the 'most other club members' award the past few years, but now with Malarky gone, who knows?

Does anyone have some solid info. Pretty sure they post it up by now so we can organise ourselves. Grey? or any fellow members?

Does anyone have some fond memories or nightmares to share?8-[
    lets get some new members aboard for it and show them we can still make the numbers=D>

Cam

Mod:
    As you may be aware the BMW Motorcycle Club of Victoria runs a midnight to dawn mid winter ride called the Icicle Ride.

Well its on again! This year it runs from midnight Saturday 24th July to dawn on the 25th.

It starts from the BP Service Centre on the Calder Highway, just on the northern side of the Calder Park Tunderdome.
    Registration starts at 10pm, with a ride briefing at 11:50 for a start at 12 midnight.

Route instructions for the first leg, which finishes at a soup stop, will be handed out at the start.
    Routes for subsequent legs are available from the stops, and the ride culminates in a cooked breakfast, all in the registration cost..

You can ride the route yourself, or follow in an organised group. It doesn't matter which, just be there!

2. Re: BMWMC Icicle Ride 2010 any info?

hmm, if I had the time.... I could probably wire in a 12v Bar Heater over bars.....

3. Re: BMWMC Icicle Ride 2010 any info?

It's not in their calendar yet.

If my memory serves me correctly it is the closest Saturday to the full moon in July. If so that would probably make it 24-25 July.

I expect it will be advertised very soon and as soon as they advertise it I will post back.

But never mind the Icicle ride, what about Tassie.

4. Re: BMWMC Icicle Ride 2010 any info?

I'm not sure but it's in google halfway down sunday 16th july
    that's sunday morning/saturday night.
    All I could glean as you have to be a member of the bmwmcc

5. Re: BMWMC Icicle Ride 2010 any info?

Well the. It looks like a gleaning we will go then!

6. Re: BMWMC Icicle Ride 2010 any info?

Of course, now I'm even further from Victorian events, having moved to BNE. XD

7. Re: BMWMC Icicle Ride 2010 any info?

Spots. If you can make it to Tassie, you'll make it to Mel old boy!

8. Re: BMWMC Icicle Ride 2010 any info?

That weekend is the GS 30th Anniversary Rally, 23rd - 25th July. No sign of the Icicle Ride so far: maybe Galty forgot?

9. Re: BMWMC Icicle Ride 2010 any info?

It's on the evening of the 24th of July according to the BMW riders club magazine.

10. Re: BMWMC Icicle Ride 2010 any info?

Still not on the calendar on their site. Wasn't in last month's magazine from memory. Haven't got the latest yet.

11. Re: BMWMC Icicle Ride 2010 any info?

Thanks Grey,

Winter seems to have come early this year this was anyway. Could be a bloody cold one for a change!

12. Re: BMWMC Icicle Ride 2010 any info?

I just received my BeeEm magazine this morning, and the Icicle Ride is listed on Page 20 as being on Saturday 24th July. Departure point Calder Park BP, register by 11pm. Contact Ian Kerr, 9889 4842 or vicecaptain@bmwmccvic.org.au

But still nothing online or on the Ride Calendar ](*,)

13. Re: BMWMC Icicle Ride 2010 any info?

Im keen.....

OZ

14. Re: BMWMC Icicle Ride 2010 any info?

I'm not! I can't think of anything less attractive than riding through the wee small hours at the worst time for poor reactions, etc.

That's why I gave up shift work :angel:

15. Re: BMWMC Icicle Ride 2010 any info?

Whereabouts are you in North Altona Grey? I tend to spend a fair bit of time out there too at a certain vehicle manufacturing plant. :cool:

16. Re: BMWMC Icicle Ride 2010 any info?

Don't know if I'll do it again this year. My mate who rode down from Queensland to do it last year will be overseas. Anyway, I don't know if I can top the scooter effort last year :)

17. Re: BMWMC Icicle Ride 2010 any info?

What exactly was that?

18. Re: BMWMC Icicle Ride 2010 any info?

I did it on a 300cc scooter - not special in itself, but what I liked was the look on the faces of a couple of Harley riders when they realised that it was a scooter that had been pushing them hard for the past 50 kilometres. :)

19. Re: BMWMC Icicle Ride 2010 any info?

The scoot lit my way. It was my seeing eye scoot.

Haven't got this month's mag yet but last night I rechecked last month's and ... ooops...it turns out the date was there after all. I am going to blame small print ... which is why I need a seeing eye scoot on the Icicle Ride.

I am just off Miller's Road near Bunnings. In the fallout zone of a mellifluous petro-chemical plant.

20. Re: BMWMC Icicle Ride 2010 any info?

Cahn,

Go Nekid!