Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

ice pack helmet

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by stu_h, Jul 10, 2010.

1. http://dvice.com/archives/2010/01/thermahelm-ice.php

interesting idea.

2. Massive brain freeze in case of malfunction...
  3. What if you drop your helmet?
  4. it becomes an esky
  5. Same thing that happens if you drop your helmet now i guess.

except colder.

And since the pack is in the lining, im guessing it could be swapped out.
  6. How big are the packs? Water is heavy. Presumably that's why they're using a CF shell. Also, how much space that could be used for impact absorption is being given away to house the fluids?

Not saying it's not a worthwhile idea, but I'd want to see a lot more detail and some serious research on the cost-benefit side of things before I'd put my bonce in it.
  7. it would have to be what at least 200ml of water = 200 grams plus the ammonium ?
  8. if you're gonna ride in 40C heat, make sure you give your helmet a knock before you put it on
  9. Ammonium nitrate eh?...sploosh diesel in there..add a detonator and your helmet becomes a terrorist weapon
  10. After a few years in everyday use in all weathers and being too cheap to have a removeable lining, my helmets generally become a pretty effective WMD (weapon of mass disgust) even without containing oxidising agents :grin:.
  11. SSSHHHh dont tell 3aw !

or tyler durden.