Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

International I won the Triumph 'Route 66' competition

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by Pjcliffo, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Recently found out I won the Triumph Route 66 competition. All expenses paid trip to Las Vegas from Australia to ride the new Triumph Thunderbird LT on Route 66 with 11 other winners. Leaving early in May! Woohoo

• Like Like x 14
  2. congratulations, I think.....
  3. Wow! That's awesome. It'll be a special trip!

Get yourself a GoPro and record as much as possible.

Congrats and enjoy!
  4. fcuking awesome Gopro indeed
  5. Congrats mate. They should give you a Trophy to ride instead. Have a ball.
  6. I hate u
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thanks base jumper, and you have too many nice bikes.
  8. Damn, I was sure I was going to win that one!
  9. What is the route as route 66 is nothing special.

Pity its on a triumph but I guess they will have support crew.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. 8 days touring through Vegas, Monument Valley and Zion National Park. Get your camera ready for the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Bryce Canyon, Valley of Fire and the memorable trip down the famous Route 66 image.
  11. That is brilliant, congratulations!
  12. Take a cooling jacket it will be hot in Nevada.

Bryce canyon is awesome riding.
  13. your one lucky bugger
    have a blast!!!
  14. Congrats. Have a ball!
  15. Shit yeah! Who cares what you're on, it's free! Bloody hell I'd even do it on a Harley, maybe even a Honda, Yamaha or Suzuki...
  16. Congratulations that's awesome!
  17. Congratulations man! I'm sure you'll have a blast!
    You lucky, lucky bastard!
  18. You lucky man...

Have a blast...
  19. Been busy this afternoon with all the preparations. It has been about 36 and dry heat. Tomorrow is 22 for the first ride. We are going to be up in some mountains where it is a lot colder. Just finished our welcome dinner. Sat with triumph English mechanic , an older guy from Cornwall with a pirate accent, a Japanese with a bit of English and 2 Spanish guys. I have my bike it's the same colours as the one I am on in the photos from hornsby. We got our free gear, great Steve McQueen type leather jacket with warm inner layer. Black bike jeans, nice gloves and a scarf?! All a bit heavy as it's English, lucky I have my summer gear. Leaving at 8.30 tomorrow. 17 bikes a van and 3 photographers. All the gear fits well but jeans a bit long.
    Everyone is very excited for tomorrow. I have to finish organising my gear and get to bed.

Attached Files: