Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I want my CBR1000RR sounding like this...

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Nucleotide, Dec 31, 2010.

1. #1 Nucleotide, Dec 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015

Absolutely love the deep note this things put out. (y)

Anyone know what kind of exhuast system I could put on an 06 CBR1000RR to get the same/similar note?

2. a two brothers exhaust... ha :)
  3. That is a "big bang" R1 with the cross plane crank or whatever they call it. Completely different setup to the other I4s.

The only way you'll sound like that is if you buy an 09-10 R1 and put a nice exhaust on it.

I agree that they sound great, you should hear one going up the main straight at Eastern Creek, music to my ears!
  4. #4 Takamii, Dec 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    You would need to have a v twin honda with a two bros exhaust to get close to it

here is another R1 with the cross plane crankshaft and a two bros pair of slip ons ( not a full system ) sounds like a v8 with a camshaft at idle

music to my ears as well

5. a friend has the twin bros on his 2010 R1. They sound better in real life lol.
  6. are they really loud ?
  7. Disappointing that I need an R1. :(

I'll have to do some research and hunting around and see if I can find something similar.