Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I want an across!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by speedysnaill, Apr 23, 2007.

1. I really want an across, but I'm only 5'2". Are there any other chicks or short people out there who have had an across? Will I fit? (I can touch the ground comfortably on a Kawasaki GPX250)

Please Help! :?

2. You should be plenty fine. They arent such a tall bike they are according to specifications with standard ride height around 30 inches from the ground :) So you should be fiiiinnnne get it and enjoy the ride. :grin:

When you sit on it, the suspension will go down a bit which will make it even easier for you. Your feet should be flat when your sitting on her.
  3. hey how are you.. the group i ride with has 2 across's in it and one is riden by a girl.. she loves the bike but is thinking of getting a VTR250 ... I asked her why and she said that it is a little to hard for her to back up when she parks her bike on a slight incline... Maybe you need to take this into consideration as well. :) thought this may help
  4. From what I have seen the Across looks bigger than a GPX. I saw one up close the other day and was surprised how big they actually were. Best thing to do it to go and sit on one.
  5. hmmmmmmm....... food for thought - thanks! :grin:
  6. Lots of bikes are hard to back up when parked on a slope. Gravity is a bugger like that!!
  7. i cant get both feet on the ground on my VFR, I thought id need it lowered but I get one foot flat and the other stays on the peg and i have no problems. Shambles has an Across and I get both feet on the ground with that with plenty of bend in the knee. You get used to it and its easy.

I have to get off my bike to move it back, and turn it in small spaces cos I have no firm footing to do it whilst on the bike. Im pretty confident on riding the bike and the height is no longer a problem.

The across should be fine if you can reach on a GPX.
  8. Go and lie down until the feeling passes... :p

Failing that - look under "p" in the yellow pages for people who can help you. :LOL: :LOL:
  9. Don't be like that they have great storage :LOL: .

Seriously though my mate 5'4" had no probs and he had legs like a Leprechaun, just find one and SIT ON IT! Better still take it for a test if it's from a dealer.