Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I tried that FM aerosol spray car cleaner on the bike...

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Ktulu, Feb 8, 2008.

1. You know - the one the young people who probably smoke marijuana try to demonstrate for you at service stations...

I do not recommend it for bikes.

It cleans OK, but the application requires you to basically polish and wipe off all the spray :arrow: on a motorcycle, this means that little bits of overspray from the nozzle get in all the nooks and crannies of your frame, instrument cluster, engine, fairings, etc and leave white dots everywhere that NEVER go away until you wipe them off.

Use it, and to clean up all those little white spray dots you'll find yourself digging around in your bike with a rag on a stick.

2. Just spray on to a high fibre cloth and apply it that way and then wipe off with a different high fibre cloth. Thats what i do and it works perfectly well.
  3. I should have spoken to you before using this stuff...

But IIRC the instructions indicate it should be sprayed onto the surface you want cleaned and left for s short time before wiping off[?]

In any case, people: Don't follow the instructions to the letter if you want to use the stuff.
  4. so i wasnt the only sucker that bought this stuff
    its pretty good but mr sheen works well too

yeah i spray it onto a rag, do a clean, then wipe of with a clean and dry cloth

don't get it on your vinyl

it also leaves white streaks on my frame
  5. Avatar of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. I used this rubbish, i still cant get it off some bits of the bike, it shits me to tears :evil: It looks like my bike is a mouldy bit of cheese :oops:
  7. Have you tried a product called Plexus. Trevor at Slingshot Suzuki swears by the stuff. Autobarn sells it in two sizes: small can around $16, large can around $22. From what I've seen it's shit hot stuff. Sprays on clear and then you polish off. Tested a bit on the front of the Gixxer after getting sprayed by oil. :( Came up better than anything else I've ever used. :grin: Definately going to buy a can this week. :cool:
  8. +1 for Mr Sheen! :cool:
  9. Anyone else use Motul Wash & Wax? I got a free bottle when I bought oil recently and it's great. From what I've read it's similar to Plexus.
  10. Got the Plexus, man I love this stuff.
  11. This was just an excuse to use that picture wasn't it... :LOL: