Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I think that a laugh is needed...

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by aquasj79, Sep 20, 2016.

1. So today I had a new experience. I have learnt to ride my beautiful bike in some interesting places, but, riding home from work tonight and get to my driveway - 1.2km of potholed gravel, water still in some of the holes still from recent rain, I get a sniff of the pleasant eucalypts that line the road and the sneezes hit me. That brief moment of blindness, nice heavy cruiser, slippery road: all in all a dangerous mixture, but we both made it home safe, but with a mess in the helmet that needed cleaning! :ROFLMAO::LOL:

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Better a mess in the helmet than in the pants!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Hey at least you weren't on a busy road at speed, could have been worse!

4. So true! Good practice, I guess.

5. Yeah, can see this happening around Shepp soon too when the pollens start floating

• Like Like x 1
  6. Might be the season for the open-face helmet SJ??

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. The cypress trees around home are releasing clouds of pollen, at least the rains have dampened it down a bit - bring on the claratyne

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Here's a trick someone told me... just after the sneeze is triggered if you can push the tongue against the roof of your mouth - it can prevent the sneeze.
    It's strange, but does work most of the time !

9. I'm so glad I don't suffer hay fever. Can't imagine how annoying it is and you did a great job keeping it upright. Good on you!

It occurs to me the motorbike riding community are stoic bunch. No body has mentioned hay fever in the How much are you willing to suffer for your riding art?

I think it deserves a mention as generally we avoid situations that expose us to pain/negative symptoms and yet riders with hay fever willingly expose themselves to the very thing that brings it on! If that isn't suffering for your riding art, I don't know what is.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. I'll keep that in mind! Thanks!

11. Thanks for sharing the post link GoldenberriGoldenberri a good laugh. The things we do!

12. Hayfever is one of the reasons I used to wear an open face lid most of the time, and certainly all summer. Taking off a full face following a really good sneezing fit was never pleasant. In the OF it just meant that, at speed, I had a six-foot silver moustache trailing over my shoulders :D.

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. fun fact - 'mouth-breathers' don't sneeze

had a mate years ago that had a full on big chunky chunder in his full face helmet (shield down)