Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I think my speedo cable snapped.....

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by nightgash, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Went for a ride the other day and looked down at my speedo to see I was doing 0 km/h! I found the speedo tube which houses the speedo cable?? and it was unscrewed down at the front wheel. There was no cable inside the black tube that I could see.

What should I do? :?
  2. Buy a new speedo cable. :)
  3. That could be a good idea :LOL: :p

Do bike shops sell generic cables or do I have to go to a wreckers and get one specifically for my bike?
  4. you can get after market replacment ones but from memery the most a genuine suzuki one used to cost when i worked in a dealer was about $26. but i think some of the other brands know how to charge a bit more.
  5. It could be the time to remind people who use disc locks to be careful which disc you put it on and also don't forget to remove it before you head off for a ride. That is how I have managed to break two speedo cables so far. Talk about Do'h!!!