Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I think my bike has a magical gearbox.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by grue, Nov 16, 2010.

1. If I'm sitting at a light and get to the point where I'm not willing to pull in the clutch any more, I can make the cross street go yellow and then red just by putting my bike in neutral!

2. Wow, Can I get you to ride around in front of me during peak hour. :)
  3. Must be magical, mine just goes from 1st to 2nd to 1st to 2nd to 1st to 2nd to 1st to 2nd to 1st to 2nd to 1st to 2nd to 1st to 2nd to 1st to 2nd to 1st to 2nd to 1st to 2nd as my hand gets progressively more sore and I get no closer to actually slotting it into neutral.
  4. Mine doesn't do that, but I think I've got magical boots. Trickling slowly up to imminently green lights, they will only change when I'm finally forced to stop and put a foot down, at which point they'll go green instantly.
  5. :rofl:
  6. Since I fitted my rearsets it's made it so hard to grab neutral. Usually I'll sit there for ages then it finally goes in just intime for the green! Grrr. Gotta take the bad with the good I guess..
  7. Grue and PatB, good ones. :LOL:
  8. My SR often enough does that. I just got used to slipping it into neutral as I was rolling to a stop - helps a lot in my case.
  9. Pfft, I can control the weather. If I want rain I take the cover off the bike and if I want sun I just go to work.
  10. Tip for finding neutral. Give the throttle a little blip (with the clutch in of course), and just as the rev's begin to drop she'll slip into neutral as easy as you like. My 400 was near impossible to select neutral 'till I discovered this. Virtually had to switch it off.
  11. Haha, I get that occasionally.. it gets worse the more frustrated you get too!!!
    I sit there wishing for the feature my ZZR had to stop you clicking up to 2nd if you weren't moving... down down down down down down down down, UP [stop]. Neutral it is!

12. Sounds like it would be very convenient.. but what if you had to roll start?
  13. theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen you'd be moving
  14. #14 robsalvv, Nov 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    I see you a magic gearbox & raise you the obligation conundrum. No sooner than I think about a ride for a certain day, the odds are strongly on someone from my family or a friend owed a favour trumping my tentative ride plan with an obligation.