Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I think I'm about to do something stupid...

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by MV, Mar 4, 2011.

1. So, I've had my eye out for a project for a while, either a motard or a cafe racer/bobber conversion, & a mate of mine is after a LAMS bike, so I've been looking at a LOT of bikes.

We're going to look at another CX500 for him on monday, he also wants a bike he can chop, & I've noticed a lot of a/m market bits on eBay US for very good prices.

I've also been thinking a lot about my old CX500, with Comstars, that I sold to a mate about 2 years ago.

Said mate has recently purchased a Triumph T160 Trident, which he rode up last night for Soundwave.

Over a few beers last night, he tells me he's really happy with the Trident & the CX500 is up for sale.

My memory is pretty fuzzy, mainly because of the beer, but I think I agreed to buy it back.

We have not discussed a price either... Oh, & my wife is still talking to me...

2. I think that the cx would make a sweet cafe racer, like this one.

I am not really helping though...
  3. bought anything yet?

cafe racer for the win :D
  4. Yeah, I've got heaps of pics of cafe'd cx's... It's a sickness.

Thinking rat racer... All black, a proper everyday bike, as little maintenance as possible...

If the price is right it'll happen.
  5. sounds awesome :D
  6. CX's are very sensible bikes! Go for it!