Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I think I just found my next motorsport to follow

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' at netrider.net.au started by Enigma, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Motogp was fun, SBK is getting boring.

Bring on the Yamaha egoLC Petronas Cub Prix!!

The clip says it all.

Rob

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ahahaha I love it. Reminds me of people on their scooters around where I work tucking in down low to try help get up the hills.

3. Superb, I haven't seen a scooter GP for years!

Makes me want to move to Malaysia.

4. I think the Le minz 24hr scooter race is the closest we have here.

5. Nice!

6. awesome.. love how they tuck in behind the steering.

This changes my impression of them scooters, i'll be more wary of them from now on.

7. I don't know what things are like now, but 20 years ago scooter racing was very active in the UK. It was mostly Lambrettas and a few traditional Vespas and, in the bigger classes, the engines were developed to the point where they bore more resemblance to 250 2-stroke motocrossers than to their mundane parentage. Very exciting in a chassis with 10 inch wheels and apalling weight distribution :twisted:.

8. This year's Le Minz is starting 12 noon December 8th at Gold Coast Parkland. I raced in it in '06 when we won the team trophy and it's a blast to do. That same SYM 50 did five 24-hours, two six-hours, many track days and scooter races and only this year did the big end give up. Tough little buggers, on the rev limit constantly. You quickly find out what it takes to go fast when you have so little horsepower and the guy next to you has just the same.

9. that looks like awesome fun!

10. Gold coast!

I'm interested.

11. The 2 things that do it for me is how they hide their head behind the steering and some of the scooters are geared.. GP shift style!!

Rob