Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

i think i broke my torque wrench???

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by LAM, Apr 16, 2008.

1. this is really stupid i know,
    but i got a new torque wrench, and never having seen one before i fiddled with it before i read the instructions. it's one of the ones with a dial on the end. anyway, i turned it past the lowest setting, and now it wont screw back the other way, it just makes a clicking noise. any way of fixing it? or have i just bricked it?

2. Truthfully now: If you had seen one before, would you really have read the instructions???

It is unlikely to be totalled.

Getting in there might be tricky.

Look for a screw that holds the adjusting barrel in place. However, if I were you (isn't that a silly thing to say!) I wouldn't touch it but give it to someone like me to fix.

Otherwise just take it back, tell them what has happened, and see if you can get warranty. If it doesn't have a warning about screwing it all the way back out they might be silly/good enough :) to look after you.

All the best

Trevor G
  3. sorry still laughin
    yet can be fixed
    put it under load and it should be right
  4. thanks guys.
    it seems pretty silly to be able to break it by doing what i did, but i have a habit of breaking things by accident.
    i'll give your suggestions a shot.
  5. it worked. all fixed. best advice i've ever got off the internet...