Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I Scare Old Ladies

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by 2wheelsagain, Feb 20, 2008.

1. I had a bizarre encounter on my short commute home last night.
    I'll set the scene;
    From an old lady's point of view, I'm a big bastard in black leathers on a big black bike :LOL:
    Riding west along Raglan St and I'm about to turn left into a street that leads to my street. I have the wick turned up. Its four lanes and I cant see any cars that could have a tax machine installed :shock:

There is an old POS Mazda waiting to turn across my path into the same street as I want. I'm then hard on the anchors before the tip in and bugger me she turns across me :mad: No big deal as I was watching and had "that feeling" anyway. She's old so I give her the benefit of the doubt in estimating me speed :wink:

I'm following her down this street and she looks in the mirror and sees me "right there" and tried out her incontinence pad. She then makes to take the first right :) I'm thinking that's cool as I'll then be able to hammer it the last 400m home. The silly old thing panics and doesn't turn (we're doing about 35 now).

After this display of indecision I'm thinking the best thing to do is to sit behind and make my two right turns and she can go on her merry octogenarian way :p She then decides to make a right where I turn right as well. So we turn. She looks in the mirror again and seeing me still there, tests her incontinence pad again :LOL: (big bloke in black on black bike remember). We're down to 25 now but I have 200m to go and really don't feel like being run off the road by someone in a blind panic so I sit behind her again silently cursing this now slow trip home :(

The poor old girl is now so panicked (I really wasn't that close by this stage just letting it go) she decides to take the first right again. Incredibly that's also where I want to go. I cant help it. That's where I live. We turn and she looks in the mirror again not believing what she sees. That nasty bikie is stalking her. In an even bigger panic now she turns up the first driveway she comes across. Guess where I want to turn? Yep the first drive way :LOL: She inches into the drive and I wait until I have room on the lawn to get around and blow by.

By the time I get off the bike and shut the garage door (pre opened by Mrs 2wheelsagain) she is gone. Most likely home to change her pad.

This old chook must have thought she was in for a bit of road rage after cutting me off, but hopefully she has gone home and had a laugh about the odds of trying to get out of someone's way only to block their way all the way home.

All's well that ends well. I think its funny, now :grin: :LOL:
  2. :driver: :-w :shock: :rofl:

thats great, poor old bat :rofl:
  3. LMAO. Thats a great story mate, i had a bit of a giggle. I can imagine my grandmother being like that.

4. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Cheers for the morning giggle. Helped me forget about this damn cold I've got for a few seconds.
  5. *chuckles* Poor old lady... That's really quite funny. :)
  6. Thank you so much for sharing that story.

Beautifuly written. I could see every stage of it unfolding like a movie.

7. :LOL: :grin: Do you think I should give Spielberg a ring?

The guys at work (both riders) had a laugh this morning too.
  8. :rofl: :rofl:
    That's definately worthy of a comedy sketch .. PRIME TIME TV :LOL:

Thanks for sharing you "big bloke in black on black bike" who scares the bejesus out of ole chooks.
  9. Nicely handled mate...that's someones Mum. You stilled might have scared the crap out of the poor thing, but it was'nt from any actions you took. well done.
    (It was quite amusing to!).. :)
  10. Hahahaha! Hilarious!
  11. [​IMG]

ok .. so I'm a little bored today :LOL: :LOL:
  12. Thats classic mate!

I can't believe the directions she took! How bizzare!
  13. :LOL: Close Vinnie, close :wink:
  14. Man - thats creepy - you followed her back home - to your house! :shock:

LOL - Old lady will probly take abit more care next time when shee sees any person on a bike now LOL
  15. I wonder what her version of the story reads like at the bowls club later after a few calming sherbets??

16. :rofl: :rofl:
    lol @ sherbet's :LOL:
    Haha 2wheelsagain that was good for a laugh
  17. Why are old people timid as a mouse, hesitant and cautious to the point of delay while behind the wheel of a car... but as as soon as someone short-changes them 50c at the supermarket, or they aren't calling out the bingo numbers clearly enough: they're Charleton Heston on ice?!??
  18. Geez, that's not unusual - happens to grobbie all the time (scaring little old ladies that is) :LOL: