Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I rode through a red light this morning ..

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by hornet, Oct 27, 2007.

1. .. but then so did about 150 others!

On the way to PI a couple of weeks ago, one of Wollongong motorcycling's best friends, Bron from Daytona Painting, was killed in a car accident at Tilba. His two young sons were with him, and mercifully they were spared injury.

This morning a large number of us gathered at his place of work to ride in convoy to his funeral.

Bron worked on all sorts of bikes, but he was a particular friend of the Harley fraternity in the area, and the vast majority of the convoy was made up of Harley riders, from all the local clubs.

I must admit as we left I was wondering how we were going to get such a large number of bikes through the many sets of lights and intersections between there and the chapel. I need not have worried.

At each intersection two huge gentlemen rode to the head of the queue and parked across the cross streets until we were all through. They then rode back up to the head of the queue to repeat the treatment at the next intersection.

I must say that the motoring public took the whole exercise well. It was pretty obvious that there was something special happening; perhaps they were able to guess that we were on the way to a mate's funeral, in any case, many waved or flashed their headlights in respect.

And, on the open road, many let us filter to our preferred lane and didn't carve us up, like Wollongong motorists often do :LOL:.

It was an interesting experience.

2.  Top
  3. Hah, I had that post in the back of my mind when I did this one. It WAS a weird experience, though, because you can't really stop, and half your brain says you shouldn't really go!!!