Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

i pod buds

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by jeffatav, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Has anyone seriously thought about replacing i pod ear buds with an in-helmet speaker system that you could just plug your i pod into??

I find it a bithch when you pull on your helmet to keep the buds in position and sometimes they press and hurt my ears!
    I am just sooooo precious :LOL: :LOL:

Do I just need bugger ears???????? :LOL: :LOL:

2. jeff i have the same problem, when i try and put my helmet on the earbuds move out of my ears just enough so i cant hear the music properly or they hurt like hell.
    I snowboard as well and my helmet for the snow has in built earphones that you can plug your 'whatever' into...maybe you could become an inventor and create a product similiar and sell it for billions of free mp3 music downloads :wink:

3. my solution is to use Playstation PSP buds, they seem to fit better in my ears and with a shorter lead, its just right with my ipod in my inner breast pocket.

4.  Top
  5. Indeed!!!!!!!

I swear by them, always wear them.

I have both, speakers and non, perfect fit, perfect sound, perfect attenuation,

6. Tried them, hurt like hell after a few hours.

7. I used koss headphones cut out road noise and listen to music :LOL:

8. Hav the exact same prob. I know people who have tried helmet speakers and have heard mixed results with speeds over 80kph. The other thing with helmet speakers if you dont want to use your ipod / mp3 then the wire is always hanging there out of your helmet. Try what Vic has or the ones that The Brick uses are good as well. :grin:

9. if ur got a spare $400+ lol a autocom is a great investment, u can plug ur i pod, phone, uhf, plug rider 2 pillion, and u get the heltmet speakers and mic and only end up with aout 5cm of cord hanging out wwhen no in use, which u can just tuck into ur collar of jack t-shirt whatever u maybe wearing... al just let it hang there, it does seem 2 bother me when i do...

basically got it coz of mp3 player but also its good 2 be able 2 communicate between bikes and other road users so u can find out where the fuzz r on thos long highway trips