Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I passed!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by typhoon, May 6, 2006.

1. Passed my provisional rider's test today! Now, as I am over 30 and have a gold licence, the only restriction I have is no pillion passenger for 12 months, and my own limits!

It should be noted that my Z650 did the test easily (although it doesn't like long periods of slow riding and idling, which air cooled inline four does??, it got a bit rough during practice, but was fine for the road ride and test). It's size and weight was not a factor, and frankly, I felt comfortable on a bike I knew.
    Another guy on a Spada also easily passed the test.
    GTR 1000 here we come!

Regards, Andrew.
  2. Congrats, Andrew, ain't it grand being over 30??

I saw a couple of GTRs on eBay the other night, have you lookd there???
  3. Way to go!

4. Congrats mate .
  5. Paul,

I already have a deposit on a GTR, had to buy it, was a bargain!
    It needs some cosmetic work, but that's easy for me. Has a tall screen, and a ventura rack, 1990 model, Only 75K kms too!

Regards, Andrew.
  6. Fantastic, we'll check the beast out on our next Northern Odyssey. And, of course, pictures please!
  7. Double congratulations to you typhoon

Well done on the test and the GTR - may you have many happy miles together :cool:
  8. [IMG:400:300:5155b5b086]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v418/typhoonpud/GTR1.jpg[/img:5155b5b086]
    I might make the run to Woolombi next weekend, wil have to see how things go during the week. Would be nice to take it on that run.

Regards, Andrew.
  9. congrats mate, hope to see you at wollombi