Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

i now need new mirrors...

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by thegerman, Sep 21, 2008.

1. i found my bike on its side the other day. it was the opposite was to the stand so someone has jumped on and it's fallen... or just given it a boot. that's life i guess. anyway it snapped off the mirror and the destroyed the casing at the base. to get it fixed is a few hundred as the whole casing that attaches the the handle bars have to be replaced.

i was planning on replacing my mirrors with bar ends anyway. so this seems like a good time. does anyone know of good ones for a vtr250. i can't seem to find out too much about them.. ie. what suits my bike and how to attach them. has anyone got any information to help me out.

2. Sorry to hear about the bike :( Some people have no respect for other peoples belongings.
    As far as I know (and I've looked around myself) you can't put bar end mirrors on the VTR250 unless you replace the stock bar with something aftermarket. This is because the bar ends (those shiny metal bits) are permanently attatched to the VTR's stock bar and can't be removed.
  3. that's a prick. thanks for the reply