Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I need a new battery for the VFR

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by doonx, Feb 16, 2011.

1. The battery is stuffed. Can anyone recommend a good place to get a good quality battery for my 2006 VFR?

2. I was chasing batteries 6 months ago, best price was a little 1 man shop who ordered it in for me.. Might be someone similar near you?
    I'm in Geelong.
  3. I've always found R&J Batteries to be good both in terms of price and in having a wide range of battery types to choose from (unsealed, sealed and glass fibre mat).

According to their website they have a store not too far from you in Hallam (5/2-6 Malverton Drive). Might be worth a look.
  4. Check the reg/rec first. If you're having electrical issues, pounds will get you pennies the reg/rec is stuffed and the battery is OK.
  5. about 5 months ago I inadvertently left the light on, about 90mins later the bike was dead flat. I jumped it OK and away we went. Since then I've had unexpected battery failure 3 times, so that's why I think it's the battery. There have been no other electrical issues whatsoever.
  6. With the bike not running put a volt meter across the battery terminals check voltage. Start up and check battery voltage again, then put headlight to high beam, It should be charging at somewhere around 14 volts. If it doesnt move from the not running voltage it needs to be looked at by someone who knows what theyre doing..
  7. OK - I got a "Motobatt" battery. Mick at Brighton Kawasaki recommended them as being a decidedly better battery than the Yuasa that comes fitted new. The Yuasa is about $235, the Motobatt is $120. You have to fit the terminals yourself as it comes with 4 points so you can turn the battery either way to suit your needs.

Problem solved!
  8. It´s obviously solved the problem, judging by the speed at which you cleared off after I moved over to let you past on the Monash yesterday evening...