Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I need a mechanic in South Melbourne

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by DAMon17, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Hey everybody,

Can anybody recommend a place to get a service done on my bike, in or around South Melbourne?

I work near the corner of Clarendon and Bank Streets and just want a place where I can drop it for the day.

2. Call Greg Johnson at Johnson Cycle tune. Market st Sth Melb 96991717
  3. Thanks a heap mate, I'll give him a call.
  4. Did you call cycle tune? how did you get on? - im also looking for something around the same area.
  5. He's at the end of the street where I work.

I too would be interested in some feedback ;)
  6. Which area of market st is he on? i.e. between which roads, or near the corner of ...
  7. Sorry guys, I've been flat out.

I'm planning on getting a service done near the end of next week. I'll post back and let you know how I go!!

8. Okay, my experiences are:

I called him on Friday, he seemed disinterested but I gave him the benefit as he was recommended.

I told him I wanted a tune up, that I worked down the road and wanted to drop it in before work and pick it up at the end of the day. He said that was fine. I then had to ask him if he needed any details, he said no, then said, "Oh, what type of bike is it" So that was all done.

I rode into work this morning, got here at about 8:50, dumped my bag and then rode on down, got there at 8:55. Place is locked up. I sat there and waited until 9:15, but still nothing. I called the number, no answer. So I gave up and came back to work.

Now, if somebody says they want to drop the bike in before work, surely if you are a mechanic and not open by about 8am, you'd ask the person what time, or let them know of your hours. In all the time I have had a car I have never beaten a mechanic to their workshop. Now due to the fact that he never took down my name or number, he cannot call me. I'm not sure he deserves my business now.

Does anybody else know of a decent mechanic in South Melbourne?