Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I, motorcyclist

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by b12mick, Sep 12, 2012.

1. From the 'pen' or keyboard of Boris

• Like Like x 36
  2. Riding motorcycles is good clean healthy fun (for the body,mind and soul) but this just lost me](*,)

3. *sigh*

Get a car mate.

• Like Like x 4
  4. I guess people either "get" Boris or they don't.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Boris needs to learn how to wind down a window.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Have 2 cars,2 bikes,2 dogs,2 kids,1 grandkid a house and a life. *sigh*

• Like Like x 1
  7. I figured as much. I anticipate a huge amount of people here won't understand this piece. Remember what I said about pretend motorcyclists the other day?

• Like Like x 3
  8. its not hard to understand the piece, i just think he is significantly exaggerating how bad it is to drive a car.

[MENTION=21911]Dougz[/MENTION] are you suggesting that someone who likes more than just motorcycles cannot be a real motorcyclist?

• Like Like x 1
  9. *Double sigh*

• Like Like x 2
  10. Who is boris

• Like Like x 1
  11. Of course he's exaggerating. He's Boris and that's what Boris does. It doesn't, IMHO, invalidate his point though.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Was pretending from Tweed to Murba'h up through Nat Arch 'n back today.Sorry I didn't appreciate Boris' soliloquay though

• Like Like x 2
  13. I was going to make the same point. Do I have contempt for my close friends and family, people I love and admire, who drive cars and don't ride? Of course not. Do I think Boris put it wonderfully? Yes. Rhetorical exaggeration is a half truth, yes, but the half that is true is mightily true and it is written in this way because we often fail to see that truth. (And it is written this way, simply because it is a wonderful way of putting it!) I used to dislike Boris, but now I see him as a Homeric bard. The Homeric ethic is limited, yes, but it is great. And motorcycling is Homeric!

• Like Like x 4
  14. Is he really that shit a rider? :bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  15. John Wayne, Don Quixote, Napolean...

did they mount great steeds,

or travel by wagon, pots clanging as they poodled along fearing bandits?

• Like Like x 1
  16. In all honesty, I expected people to 'attack' the author when I posted it.

I wonder what the response would have been had I not attributed it to Boris.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yup ...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yeah kinda lost me too a bit. It's romantic and chest puffing and all that but the reality is that most of us are both. I have no choice but to ndrive my car at work, sometimes I even have to drive a truck. Puttiong 3 kids on a bike is ok in Thailand but doesn't cut it here.
    My point I guess is that often that guy could look at me like the "Driver, prisoner of your own cowardice and desperation" and all the other crap he goes on with. That doesn't sit well with me.
    So at the risk of copping some flack, I'll give that one a miss thanks.

19. I thouroghly enjoyed that. Well written, thought provoking and heinously arrogant but poinient and, to prove a point I suggest, completely uncomprehensible to the people it bemoanes.

• Like Like x 1
  20. No intention to attack the author,I don't even know the bloke.Didn't like the written word..purely..simply..end of story.