Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I might have picked up a sort of fetish...

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by bulby, Jun 8, 2012.

1. ...for the big nakeds. Particularly the Yamaha XJR1300, Kawasaki ZRX1200R and, to a somewhat lesser extent, the BMW R1200R.

Something about their (IMO) less refined, slightly dated looks that makes them just... sexy, to say the least. I reckon they're about as pure as motorcycles get.

What's the point of my post? I don't know. Just wanted to shout it out, I guess :p

Anyways, what's everyone's favourite big nakeds? (1000cc and above)

2. R1200R, nah, the XJR and ZRX yeah :)
    Mate, your size, on those biggies lol you'll literally fly :)
  3. LOL. Yeah. Might freak out and settle for something half their size when I actually get to test ride them though :LOL:
  4. Mine.

It'll be even better when I get to ride it... Now she's been lowered, I'm getting antsy!
  5. Favourite naked bike, Aprilia Tuono.
  6. Nah. Speedie :)
  7. Jeez, it's close, but no the Tuono is still my favourite.

I must point out that I haven't ridden the Benelli TnT.
  8. Nearly bought a ZRX before the TRX, still got a big soft spot for them.
  9. Not a tough call -

Yamaha XJR1300
    BMW K1300R
    Aprilia Tuono V4R
    MV Agusta Brutale 1090 R
    Ducati Diavel
    Ducati Monster 1100 Evo
    Moto Guzzi Breva 1200
    Moto Guzzi Griso 1200
    Moto Guzzi Sports 1200
  10. I think it's because they're (quite deliberately) a throwback to the late 70s/early 80s when Jap litrebikes were possibly the most blatant FU to the world in general that motorcycling has ever been. Big, heavy, unwieldy monsters with double the power the chassis technology could handle. Didn't stop and didn't go round corners but, back in the day, if you rolled up at the lights on one you could be absolutely confident that there would be no serious competition from anything with four wheels and precious little with two.

They were boss of the street thirty years ago and something of that has permeated the collective consciousness in a way that the significantly faster plastic fantastics have somehow failed to do.
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Awwwwwwwwwww ye

Any other argument is invalid
  12. I like nakeds a lot, i just wish they kept the air off you a bit better.

Hmm im thinking V6 engine mounted vertically with headstem at the apex of the V and the cylinder heads acting as wind deflectors.

Hmmmm thats not a bad idea actually.
  13. I'll call that, and raise you another 9 cylinders. :p

14. PatB got it in one.

I will add an XJR to the stable next.
  15. I can relate to all this.
  16. [​IMG]

PM me. His MR2, and his ex-Troy Bayliss Aus SuperSport race bikes are also for sale. His health has packed up and he needs to eat.

17. got to be
    Ducati Monster 1100 Evo
    and the new Ducati Monster 1100 Evo diesel model
  18. This'll do me thank you very much :p
    I admit I've covetted others as well but......... the lazy grunt of this black biatch just keeps me grinnin'... :)

19. I think if you bought the tank protector for that GSX, then you must have some kind of a fetish :)
    • Like Like x 1
  20. +1 Agreed...

Although my motorcycling didn't begin in the 80's I can still appreciate the advancements which came from the era.....

I think we are supremely fortunate to be able to ride the bikes we do now without the technical deficiencies of the past...

HOWEVER - I also believe this may be a misnomer....

I think the old-schoolers who had to wrangle the heavy beasts with bad brakes and badly jetted carbies and throttle response have skill and feel we new schoolers will never know....

Just sayin'