Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I made it!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Askal, Apr 17, 2006.

1. I finally made it to Oz. Arrived 3 weeks ago. Bought a Suzuki 650 VStrom in SydneyA truely great country. I am going to put my bike in storage and then come back next year and do the other half.
    ps You can always tell a happy biker by the bugs on his teeth.

2. Wow .. where did you travel?

Stay safe :)
  3. Hey, Al, glad you were able to come after all, I was wondering if your plans ever came off
    Did you take any pics you can post??
  4. Askal, that wasnt you up @ mt buffalo a few weeks ago? Im sure it was a American bloke with a suzuki that help me fix my chain... :D
  5. Not me at Mt. Buffaloe. I have had a great time sydney, Brisbane, Cairns, Mt. Isa, The Alice and now in Adelaide taking the Great Ocean road wander around wine country. Then store the bike for next years ride. What a great place to ride. Only had one close call. Missed an emu of all things by 2" at 110K. Scared the shit out of me. He was so fast. I had no time to react before he was past. He must have been going 60K. Big son of a biatch too.
  6. Sounds like you've had a fun time. If you can post some pics, that'd be great. :)
  7. Naaahhh mate, that wasn't an emu ... was an Australian Sparrow :---) reason we've got no elephants in Oz is cos the REAL Emus chased 'em away :grin:

When ya comin to Tas?? We got some killer wombats down here, North Islanders call em "tassie devils"
    :LOL: :LOL:

(don't mind me, I'm just silly)
  8. Yeah the wildlife can be fun, just watch out for natures own mobile spike strip - otherwise known as an echidna (nearly ran over one of the buggers this arvo).