Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I luurve me some Western QBE!

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by Bravus, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Just got the quote for the Bandit 1200. I'd been bracing for a significant cost increase in insurance with a bigger, faster, more powerful, newer and (relatively) more expensive bike than the old GSXF400 - so I was very pleasantly surprised when Matt on the phone said '$177 with a $350 excess'. That's ludicrously cheap. Being 43 with a clean record certainly helps, but it's still excellent, given that it's a market value policy and they also cover gear.

2. Wot type of insurance . How much insured for ?
  3. Comprehensive insurance (sorry, should have said). I paid $4700 for the bike but I think that's a bargain so I went with a market value policy, although Redbook says:

Trade in price guide* $3,000 - $3,500
    National average price - private sale* $4,300 - $5,100

Anyway, that gives you the ballpark on the value of the bike.

Hope that's helpful.
  4. That's good value :)

I just renewed the Hornet with W-QBE; $217 for a year market value full comprehensive. It's probably higher than yours because up until I first insured the bike three years ago I hadn't had any insurance history for over ten years (company cars..)
  5. Hey, Hornet... Off-topic, am I right in thinking that the ('old') Hornet 600 was a Jap import only? Or did we get a few through Honda?
  6. No, between 1998 and 2001 both the fully-naked 600 and the half-faired "S" model were on sale here through Honda Australia...

{Not that that makes getting spares any easier :LOL:}
  7. Great to hear you got a cheap insurance option. I hope that you have read the PDS.. I didn't, and really wish I had (and saved some serious cash).

Either way score on the bike :)