Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I luurve me some Western QBE!

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by Bravus, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Just got the quote for the Bandit 1200. I'd been bracing for a significant cost increase in insurance with a bigger, faster, more powerful, newer and (relatively) more expensive bike than the old GSXF400 - so I was very pleasantly surprised when Matt on the phone said '$177 with a $350 excess'. That's ludicrously cheap. Being 43 with a clean record certainly helps, but it's still excellent, given that it's a market value policy and they also cover gear.

2. Wot type of insurance . How much insured for ?

3. Comprehensive insurance (sorry, should have said). I paid $4700 for the bike but I think that's a bargain so I went with a market value policy, although Redbook says:

Trade in price guide* $3,000 - $3,500
    National average price - private sale* $4,300 - $5,100

Anyway, that gives you the ballpark on the value of the bike.

Hope that's helpful.

4. That's good value :)

I just renewed the Hornet with W-QBE; $217 for a year market value full comprehensive. It's probably higher than yours because up until I first insured the bike three years ago I hadn't had any insurance history for over ten years (company cars..)

5. Hey, Hornet... Off-topic, am I right in thinking that the ('old') Hornet 600 was a Jap import only? Or did we get a few through Honda?

6. No, between 1998 and 2001 both the fully-naked 600 and the half-faired "S" model were on sale here through Honda Australia...

{Not that that makes getting spares any easier :LOL:}

7. Great to hear you got a cheap insurance option. I hope that you have read the PDS.. I didn't, and really wish I had (and saved some serious cash).

Either way score on the bike :)