Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I love the thump of boxers

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Beemer Fan, Sep 2, 2016.

1. The great divide in the BMW world is R series vs K series. I love the way my boxer just thumps away when idling. Must admit to being beaten by the faster K series a few times but they don't ring my bells like a boxer, or even a Ducatti. When I figure out how to upload a pic I'll show you mine.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Welcome mate :cool:

After a few posts and likes you'll get pic posting privileges :)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome to the forum mate
  4. Welcome!
    I'm becoming more and more fond of my 1150. She's a big girl and has a big set of ... cylinders, and a big attitude. No mistaking that boxer note.
  5. I'm hearing ya , I've had 2 K100's an RT & a RT . A R1100RT when new and I'm awaiting delivery of an old R1100RT now .
    K series were great bikes but sounded like a sewing machine . The twins have something else , soul or personality.
    Power where you want in the real world of riding , in the mid range.
  6. #6 ozzyal, Sep 2, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    I thought I recognized the profile pic , John @ Johnny? :p
  7. Warm welcome to ya Beemer FanBeemer Fan !
    Nice into :) if I had longer legs a boxer engine bike is one of the first if try!!
    Happy travels to you.
  8. The seat height on my 1150 is set at 805mm including the lambswool cover. The new RnineT is nominal 785mm.
  9. Cheers Dark AngelDark Angel ;) u fortunately still too tall for moi (since their seat widths are still too wide too)... I just have to be happy jumping pillion on such fine thumping machines when I have the opportunity - hehe
  10. This might be of interest to you: BMW Motorrad : Seat Height Configurator
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Hahahahahahahahahaha

Guess what!? The shortest it goes to is 158cm :bigtears: hehehehehe :ROFLMAO:
    Looks like I'll stay as "luggage"
  12. Yeah, well ... I just put my stats into it and although it says I can ride whatever it tells me I'm a fat fuqqer. :/
  13. I've had a few boxers but nothing holds a candle to my K16 ;) Sewing machine, eh?

I had a little sit on an R NineT Scrambler today, that would be a nice addition to the shed but is really just a cafe racer IMO, and shouldn't be allowed out without wire wheels. Except for the GSA there isn't a Beemer that needs lowering for me.

Welcome Beemer Fan :D
  14. OK, thanks. Well here's another post. Am I up to 3 yet? I wonder if my Showcase postings count?
    I put up some pics of my Jota.
  15. Of course nothing holds a candle to your K16. It's too big! You'd need at least six candles! ;)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Wow, looking at your avatar, you look way too short for that bike:LOL:

Welcome to Netrider Beemer Fan (y)
  17. welcome aboard :)
  18. Fellow boxer owner with the r1100s, I love it
    • Like Like x 1
  19. I suppose there are boxers and boxers. It has to be an airhead for me :)

Welcome Beemer FanBeemer Fan , looking forward to seeing yours.

Attached Files:

20. Welcome to the nut house mate