Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I love the rights afforded to Australians...

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by gegvasco, Mar 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Any one in the electoral seat of Auburn in Sydney? If so, did you see the news this evening? More proof what a wonderful place this country is that even someone as fcuked up as the Mamdouh Habib(ex-Guantanamo Bay type) can run for state Parliament(he is an independant candidate in Auburn in the election next week)

For those that didn't see it, good Old Mamdouh is in the news again after he confronted Police for doing a hit-and-run on his son. He was gesticulating wildly and telling them they should have just shot his son instead. THEN, the video comes out. Incredibly taken by one of his sons mates.

His son is talking through the window of a Police car after he was pulled over for talking on a mobile phone. He is well clear of the wheels as the car pulls away. Once the car is moving, the guy sticks his leg all the way out right behind the rear tyre and then screams, falls to the ground and starts yelling. It was like something out of an ACA expose on insurance fraudsters. It was a total setup as his mates were filming it and as soon as he went down, they were yelling that they got it all. How stupid were they that all they did was prove it was a scam, yet they thought it was proof the cops had run him over!

So next there is about 10 cops there, an ambulance and a film crew. The ambulance takes him to hospital at which point they discharge him IMMEDIATELY ie. there was absolutely nothing wrong with him!

But don't worry, good old Mamdouh was there straight away to blast the cops for running over his son and getting away with it. Citing one standard for the cops and one for "us" ie. making it a racism thing.

VOTE 1 MAMDOUH HABIB I say!!!! That is until the cops charge him and his son for making a false statement and wasting Police time. Hopefully they can fast track that so he loses his candidacy.

2. perfect morals for a job in parliament.

kids overboard anyone?

3. Yes it's sad. I have much to say about him and his other friends (Mr Hicks etc) but I can't on a public forum. I risk losing too much :)

4. hey cool. you leave the country for 5 minutes and everything goes tits up.

5. In which case, Welcome Back!!!!

The ex-con and his family are beneath comment......

6. And if only to prove that stupidity is not his own domain solely, you wait, people will still vote for him! :roll:

7. Hence why we live in a democracy.

If you live in boganville where they think that pulling that sought of stuff is cool then he might get voted in but if people have any sense at all he won't.

8. you were to busy looking at the twins dude hahaha

9. Yeah, I love how they go on about how bad Australia is, go home and spend six weeks there and come back to this bad country.
    If it's so bad, why come back?

Regards, Andrew.

10. Matti...

Quiet you.

(But seriously how weird were they)

11. *Ktulu happily volunteers to arrange a proper hit-and-run on the little bastard*

Oh wait, it doesn't count as "running" if I admit it proudly, does it?

12. He'll get some of the sympathy vote, but does anyone think he
    is really in with a shot of getting elected. :?

13. Mate, that electorate is pretty thick with mid eastern people, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a good amount of the votes unfortunately.
    Surprisingly, with all teh talk the minority groups do about multiculturalism, they still keep to themselves and stick up for their own, no matter what wrongs they've done.
    There's a real us against them mentality in those areas, for what reason I don't know, as they never seem to really try to assimilate in any way, shape or form.
    I say this having had more than one mid eastern friend or associate in my life.

Regards, Andrew.

14. OIC Typhoon

So hes chosen an electorate that will give him the best shot at making it then.

15. Some topics should be left out of public forums, and seeing as how this thread has the potential to degenerate into ethnic bashing perhaps this should be one of them.

and before you start up, it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it, so if you don't like it .. phargoff to where ya cum from.

16. #17 CamHornet, Mar 11, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    YouTube link... right here:
    [media=youtube]5spzb0U5K0Y[/media]

I think the video says it all, but I'd like to see the "boing" and trumpet sounds inserted like Australia's Funniest Home Videos to gain maximum effect.

17. Yep, that area is a good example of how "multiculturalism" is failing and it isn't a new thing either. I used to live there as a kid(Granville - about 500m from Habib's house) and I still have the scars from when some of the local Lebanese kids decided to have some fun with me one day on the way home from school. That was 30 years ago. The young Lebanese gangs were always the worst for unexpected and extreme violence. And before anyone jumps on me, I'm not being racist - just factual! Most other thugs would just thump you and steal your lunch. But the Lebanese kids would swing a bag of marbles to your head(HARD) from behind, lay you out cold and then kick the shit out of you while you were down. I should know!

18. #19 Justus, Mar 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  19. Multiculturalism failing? Your not using this as an argument to say that multiculturalism is a dud idea/concept are you?

What happened to you was horrible. Yes alot of the ethnic gangs are bad, real bad. I've lived in bankstown most of my life, i should know.

That part of multiculturalism is bad agreed. Just don't go around placing sweeping statements that "multiculturalism is bad"......cause its not....i love kebabs! and my leb and italian neighbours are great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.