Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I love my bike

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Snowman, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Rode up to Phillip Island for Moto GP and did nearly 3500 kilometers on the bike, we had an awesome time sampling Victoria's amazing roads and squelching through the mud at PI :p

Finally got some spare time so spent most of today pulling the fairings off and cleaning all the mud, bugs and other rubbish out of the bike, checking for problems, cleaning the chain, changing the oil and frowning at stone-chips :(

I then removed the rear footpegs (Ridin' Solo now) and gave her a polish and re-blacked all the unpainted plastics.

Then I sat against the wall of my garage and admired how pretty my bike is. How many good friends I've made through riding. How much more fulfilling my life seems now that I have a hobby that I truly love doing. How good it feels to improve at that hobby every time I go for a ride, and how all the money I've spent on the bike, rego, insurance, repairs, tires, services and mountains of gear, was worth every penny.

It would seem that I just can't get enough :)

2. I think you just spoke for a whole lotta people. :)

Shame about pi being it's usual fickle self with weather..maybe next it won't be so cold and wet.

If you're up for it, consider the wsbk. It's usually dry and hot :)
  3. Yep. It's my thing. It's good to have a thing, a passion a bit left of centre, rather than being one of those people who enjoy 'going to the beach' and 'having fun with friends'.
  4. Im thinking about it, the same group I went to the GP with are going, Im just not sure I want to ride that distance again, it really took a lot out of me.
  5. Totally, and everyone who asks you what you do for fun are surprised and ask lots of questions, its great for meeting people :)
  6. You Sir, 'get it'.
  7. Nothing but props for riders doing the trip from Syd. The concentration required just to make it 1 way is pretty intense. Throw in bugs,rain, hail and floods and it makes i that much more impressive!

well done!
  8. nice bike.

got plenty of stone chips in mine to :(
  9. Rode my new bike into work (Sydney CBD) for the first time today. What a great way to start the day. Had her for less than a week and already ridden several times, including a 300km ride weekend just gone. Love her already.

Aside from my other 'left of centre' pursuits, this one rocks because I only have to go as far as the garage to get to 'Bessie'. ;-)
  10. How long did the trip take??
  11. The trip took us two days to get there, three days on the island, and then two days to get home.

It was a great experience and I am going again next year but I doubt Ill be riding again :p

Might take the ute with it on the back, I know its cheating but I dont care, once is enough haha