Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I love everything about riding except...

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by ivy, Jun 9, 2009.

1. So got back on the bike yesterday after about 6 weeks of flu's and injury (not bike related just stupidly decided to be the only sober one on the last night of camping and did a good job on my left ankle just walking down a path and then not seeing the ending of said path, see if I had been drunk it wouldn't have hurt so much or bothered me that no one could drive me to a hospital - did think it was broken at the time as have had ligament trouble since forever and this was 20x worse) anyhoo back to the point....

finally got out on the road and was just crusing along some nearby cruisey twisties and I was just thinking I love everything about riding :grin: :grin: :LOL: :LOL:

and then caught up to a cattle truck :evil:

I couldn't overtake him, too many corners, unfamiliar road, and he would speed up and move right at the only places I started to overtake. So I pulled over and thought I'd rather just wait a bit and enjoy my ride with the normal smells that I love about riding. Twiddled my thumbs for a bit then took off again, all at speed - was testing ankle and haven't ridden for ages so was taking it pretty easy, just enjoying being on the bike - and caught up to him again in no time. oh crap. but a car pulled out in between us and the truck pulled over within about 200m to let the car pass so I scooted through and past the car and had a great ride :cool:

So I love everything about riding except... cattle trucks combined with no passing opportunities.. I grew up country but it's still not a smell I'd choose to sit behind :p

2. Seems to be the norm these days not pulling over for faster vehicles. That's unlucky it was a cattle truck, u just cant get away from the smell lol
  3. I havent had to sit behind one, but Ive had one go past at 100km/hr. Like being hit by a wall of cowshite!
    Took about 15 minutes to get the smell outta my helmet. Yurgh.
  4. Cattle trucks full of EXTREMELY incontinent cattle are becoming a regular (and unpleasant) feature of the Macquarie Pass.

And the end product, so to speak, is just as slippery as diesel (though, thankfully, a lot more visible :LOL:)
  5. That's gotta suck.

Least it didn't turn to a shit ride
  6. Glad the ride ended up being enjoyable. When I first saw 'cattle truck' in your post, I instantly got very bad and unpleasant images of you on your bike.
  7. Adelaide is weird then. I find in the hills in my car, nobody moves, but on the bike they pull over.

big bad single headlight might have something to do with it.
  8. You dealt with it sensibly, so give yourself a pat on the back.
  9. When you think about it, though, you'd expect a cattle truck to moove over, wouldn't you?
  10. The smell of a certain suburbs dump makes an appearance on my commute each way. At least this was a one off thing :]
  11. You're going to milk this one for every laugh you can, aren't you?
  12. It's an udder disgrace, I reckon.
  13. there's a spelling misteak in there too.
  14. These jokes should be put out to pasture.
  15. naah... just think. we could print them on a t-shirt and sell them!

even better... a jersey.
  16. WhaleoilBEEFhooked
  17. whats up smee, did you just meat your maker?

or something loose in the top paddock?
  18. Try being stuck in peak hour traffice behind a cattle/sheep truck on alexander ave, leading to city road, under the part of st kilda road at the corner of flinders street station.

It happens ocassionally, and I hold my breathe and frantically look for spaces to filter through
  19. i don't know what behooves you guys to make all these highly-stretched puns.
  20. Blimey!!.....you are lucky that you didn't get creamed!! :shock: