Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I know "search" is your friend, BUT.....

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by hornet, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Somewhere buried in all the discussions on iPods and such on bikes, someone, sometime, mentioned a player that had an external control that you could manipulate with gloves on, while you were riding. Does it ring any bells with anyone, please???

2. I know Jeff uses an ipod shuffle, clips it to sleeve.

3. Expensive, but Zumo GPS and use as MP3 via memory card - buttons made specifically for gloved hands.

Have an iPod Mini, when in the tank bag can still change songs with gloves on.
  4. The Zumo is capable of playing MP3s, but it is a very basic player. Also, it is attached to the bike, and therefore needs a cable to a headset in your helmet. A bluetooth solution will not be good enough (although they are getting better.) Anyway, the Zumo only transmits mono sound over bluetooth. You have to buy additional gear to get stereo over bluetooth.

Sorry Paul, I don't know the gadget you are looking for, but perhaps look at some of the suppliers like Autocom, Starcom, Chatterbox, etc. Even Sony has some headsets with slider volume controls in-line in the cable.
  5. I have an iRiver, with an external remote, i can use most controls with summer gloves on... but gets clumsy with winters on...

If i could reverse engineer the remote, I'll be constructing a wired or wireless version that can be velcro'd/glued to the tripple clamps...

oh, thinking about it now... deleted user 5 (aka stookie) had a wireless plugin for his iPod that allowed song control from a remote that he stuck onto the tripples.
    muck like (without the FM part): http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280271340636
  6. The creative zen have an external wired remote that you can control with your gloved hand.

7. arrgh, there's hundreds of 'em, which model?
  8. Paul.

I think the remote control works in many of the zen family. I know it does it in the vision m, vision w and in the little one that my wife has.