Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I KNOW I'm going to get into trouble....

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' started by hornet, Jun 4, 2007.

1. ....for posting this, but I can't resist it....

From news.com.au

Tit is OK but c o c k is out

June 04, 2007 09:31am

The Royal Society for the Protection of Birds has banned the word for male birds from its website, drawing accusations of political correctness gone mad.

Visitors to the website found the word "c o c k" had been replaced by asterisks, while the species, tit, suffered no such indignity.

Forum user John D, of Yorkshire, told The Sun: "As bird lovers will know, a Parus Major is a great tit and while c o c k s do not get past the forum censor, tits do not cause offence. I've heard of PC but that is taking things too far."

A worker claimed the word had been replaced because of software filters but an RSPB spokesman said it preferred to describe birds as either male or female.

2. This is a true dit...there is a street on the American Air Force Base in Hawaii called Kuntz Ave. That certainly didn't get kaiboshed by the censors when maybe it should have been.
  3. I think that PC as a whole is a load of rubbish,

You know that something is past the point of sanity when hornet chimes in.
  4. They didn't even touch the tits and pulled c o c k out???

What kind of pommy Catholic sex are you trying to educate us about, Hornet?
  5. :rofl: :rofl:

6. Red Symons was interviewing a guy from the organisation this morning. The truth of the matter was that they forgot to exempt c0ck when they put in the filter software. He said they remembered t1t, shag and boobie though :LOL: :LOL:
  7. Mind you, there are some wonderfully silly things in filter software. Try sending anything to do with S****horpe (thats "Scu nt horpe") in Yorkshire. Most will reject it because of the second to fifth letters (as does this software) ... :roll:

Mind you soem of the words rejected here are pretty arbitrary as well. :LOL:
  8. My wife must run on the same filtering software. She often rejects me whenever I mention the word "sex"....
  9. Dont tell me we have the same wife? :?