Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I knew litigation in the US was bad but far out!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by pringa8, Sep 5, 2007.

1. http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22366322-12377,00.html

Son charged over Cheetos fight
    By staff writers | September 05, 2007
    A 22-year-old man has been arrested for assaulting his father with a bag of Cheetos.

Assault weapon ... you've gotta watch out for those Cheetos.
    Patrick Hamman started arguing with his father, Michael, on Sunday night.

Patrick, who lives with his father in Iowa, picked up a bag of Cheetos and threw it at him, hitting him in the face, DesMoinesRegister.com reported.

The bag hit Michael in the glasses, causing a cut to the bridge of his nose.

The police report , which listed the bag of Cheetos as an assault weapon, said: "Michael's T-shirt was also covered in Cheetos dust."
  2. so where is the litigation?
    The son was charged with assault not sued for anything.
    Assault laws are very clear here too.
    someone in Melbourne was once charged with assault in a tram after he was asked to extinguish his cigarette he blew smoke into the defendant's face.
    assault is assault.
    Litigation is a different thing altogether.
  3. litigation, legalities, i got it mixed up. No matter what you call it, it's f#cked up.
  4. There'll be no Cheetos allowed on planes now :wink:
  5. I was reading this morning about two black students in the deep dark south of America that got charged with theft after wrestling a gun away from a whitey that was pointing it at them. For f*ck's sake.
  6. i have no problem with people being charged for that sort of thing, as the "victem" you shouldn't be subject to that crap...
    But father and son... that is just childish on the fathers part having police intervention on what is a prety begning incident within the family.
  7. That is really screwed.
  8. Maybe the trailer park is not big enough for the both of them.
    More fodder for Jerry Springer :LOL:
  9. I love the Cheeto's Jumbo :wink: :LOL: