Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC I keep getting flashed...

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Rohizle, Mar 23, 2011.

1. ... and its not in a good way.

Ive done this a few times, never heard anything back (but still may), not too sure its allowed though.

In the cage, months ago, sitting in the right turn lane with a red arrow, their was no traffic. I decided to go straight instead of turning. I indicated left and merged into the middle lane, which was green. As i changed lanes and went through intersection i got flashed as the car was inbetween 2 lanes.

Similar situation but on a bike recently, straight and right turn lights were red. Traffic was backed up and I was 5+ cars back and filtering / riding in the empty right turn lane to get to the front of the traffic. 1 more car to pass and the straight lane light turns green, right turn stays red. I ride through and overtake last car into middle lane and get flashed as i was atill a little too far into the right turn lane, but still going straight through.

Both time's i was flashed as camera thought i was turning right when not allowed too, but should i be worried? Can i fight this if i do get tickets?
  2. You will have to wait and see
    But seeing as months have passed I would bet you are safe.
  3. I doubt you’d get tickets. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think the camera will have taken 2pics, which will show you didn’t actually turn. The same thing has happened to me previously and I never received anything nasty.

Similar to when you’re stationary in an intersection when the light changes (common in peak hour). 2pics will show that you had already past the light, no ticket.
    Don’t stress
  4. That was blatent false advertising :( I'm dissapointed.
  5. Cheers guys, will update if i hear anything. Just the light's get you paranoid.

And sorry for trollin title, here's some bike related flashing.

6. Yay :) I'm happy now.
  7. I'm not - wrong sex
  8. Apologies holster.

9. squuuuuuuuuuuuuuuiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidddddddddddddd!!!!!1111!!!!!!!1!
  10. & broken.
  11. I welcome squids like this
  12. The camera's actually take 3 piccys, So many seconds apart, so the person looking at the piccy can tell if you went straight or turned,
    I have queried a few of these piccys, so I have seen them, and been explained to me by the copper,
    They can also work out your speed from the 3 piccys,