Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I have served my time.....

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Sir Skuffy, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Very happy today.

I have served my time and the 12 month "1 point 1 kill" ban is over... :cool: :LOL:

To those who are not familiar with this - lost 13 points and went on the 12 month zero point loss option and now its over.... :LOL:

As of 00:01 21st June 2008 - I am back to zero points - that means no demerrit points lost... I have 3 years to lose another 12 points... :eek:
  2. Well done, it so often backfires (because people lose their license for a reason ;) ), glad you made it! :D
  3. :dance:
    Congrats on being on your best behaviour
    Bet that was the LONGEST 12 mths ever :p
  4. So just one decent ride a year now? :LOL:
  5. It was most certainly a difficult time..... made me more aware of things and also led to following other people on the long straight roads :LOL: :LOL:

But, one thing is for sure - you learn to appreciate things when you slow down a little..... Not in any hurry anymore - well, except for the twisties :twisted: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  6. Jeepers. Respect! :eek: You're the first person I know of who hasn't been busted throughout the proby period! Well done!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:
  7. Congrats Mitch! I'm happy for ya mate!

I'm on the same thing you were on (think i mentioned it last time we met), and i've still got 2 months to go....

I got pulled over last week... 115 in a 100 zone...

Luckily i talked my way out of it.... Soooo lucky.... I'll definately be going slow for the next 2 months... :)
  8. Congratulations on making it through Skuffy. Now you have a full load of points again you can misbehave. :demon:
  9. Well done Mitch, excellent restraint sir.
  10. Urgh. Maybe I should just lose my license and do the probation like you have Skuffy.

As it stands, I'm on 1 point for the next 12 months, then 3 points for the next 12 months after that. ....then if I stuff up in the next 2 years, I'll be on probation anyway! 3 years is too long to get points back!
  11. You need to sell your cars and bikes and buy a cbr125r. Sure you can lose your license on one, but it takes some serious effort :wink:
  12. ...red light camera anyone?

Well done Skuff!
  13. Well done, Skuffy!
    I hadn't heard of anyone getting through it either, although most people I know have opted for the suspended licence.
  14. I took the rego straight off my bike, but we all know you don't need to be doing anything intrinsically hoonish to still lose a point!
  15. Congratulations on your self-control, Mitch :).
  16. I'm on my P's. Don't I get a medal too?
  17. congrats mate

my bro in law just came off his car 12month good behaviour, however he is back to his antics again :)
  18. What on earth did you say? These words of wisdom could come in very handy one day :)
  19. +1. ;)

Congrat's on doing it Mitch! :grin:
  20. Hey don't points stick for 3 years? So how can you be back to 0 after only 12 months assuming you coped your last fine around that time?