Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I have seen the light! (bigger bikes)

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by typhoon, May 13, 2006.

1. I tell you, anyone who says a 1000cc bike is no big deal is full of it!
    I have bathed in the glory of extra engine size, and I am loving it!
    Twist the wrist in any gear, and grunt baby! Yeah!!!!!

Regards, Andrew.

2. Now do that hard around a bend.
    Power is one thing now try controlling it.
  3. Another satisfied customer?
  4. Effortless overtaking. Yay!
  5. Uh huh.. just wait till you see how much quicker you go through tires now too... And how much more $$$ a 190 tire is.... ;-)
  6. sweet....which bike was it?
  7. Funnily enough you should say that about overtaking, I was riding behind my partner on his zx7, and he kept waiting for me to be close to overtake cars, I kept telling him not to bother as i could pass them easily.

Now that he's ridden my bike he understands, to pass cars on a thou requires a small roll of the wrist in top gear and they're gone :)

But the acceleration can catch you out, bike goes from to slow to fast incredibly quickly, you have to respect it :)
  8. I won't be powering on throug bends on a bike new to me for a few months yet dude! Give me some credit! I just like the smoooooooooth linear acceleration, without even having to use that many rpms. I stil have to set the bike up, previous owner has all teh suspension settings on wallow.
    It's a GTR 1000, so I also have a bit of weight with that power, makes it less twitchy.

Regards, Andrew.
  9. Classic, Andrew :rofl:
  10. That's right, speed on a 'tho - or any bike with a decent turn of grunt - can creep up on ya real quick :shock: