Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

I have my new bike

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Jeimbo, Aug 19, 2007.

1. I have taken delivery of my new GXF 1200 Suzuki Bandit.

It has now done 40km.

It replaced a 2007 VL800 Suzuki Boulevard which I wrote off (into the side of a car) 4 weeks ago.

Before I carry on about how great it is, let's put it into context - ie have a look at all the bikes I've previously owned:

2007: March - July: VL800 Suzuki Boulevard
    2004 - 2007: Honda XR 400
    1992-1994: Yamaha TT250
    1990-1993: Honda VT250
    1987-1989: Honda XL250

So this is first foray into big bikes.

Needless to say: whhoooossshhhkkkkaaaa!!!!!!

I have power, brakes, handling and a bike that fits me.

It is only a youngster but it pulls from way down low up to self imposed limit of 5000rpm (at this stage).

Rode along Bridge Inn Rd toward Mernda this morn and had to overtake a truck. Needless to say it didn't take long to dispose of truck and on my way - and a long way past the speed limit.

Asthetics? Gorgeous. Have to get used to rear brakes at my toes instead of a forward lurch a la Boulevard. Gear lever tight and precise - must work on my downchanges as some got quite clunky today.

Power - heaps of. Now I know why the sports boys get off on their toys.

How am I gonna keep my licence?

Is it possible to reign in my exuberance at 40 years of age?

Have to keep a lid on it and be good but man, with that motor it's gonna be an effort.

And it looks so horn. Here she is:

2. Nice bike, I really like that colour, the best red available on any motor bike, in my opinion :p
  3. Hey Jim, the red looks awesome. I like very much mate, cant wait to have a squiz in real. So now you know what the buzz is all about hey. As much i love my Boulevard, you cant beat the exhilaration of a sports bike.
    Now you might have some chance of keeping up with the 14.. :LOL:
  4. Hmmm, might get you to follow me Paul cause the cornering aint the same as the cruiser but reckon a trip into the Christmas Hills twisites could be the go very soon!

Red aint bad aye.
  5. Hey... nice bike (not that I'm biased or anything) :LOL:

6. The red looks shit hot guys.. And yes Jim a ride through the hills will be good for us both, as its been a while for me as well, and i know i will be a tad rusty.. :grin:
  7. congrats on the new bike!!! looks really sweet, and again the colour is awesome. shame about the boulevard though.

what exaust are you gunna get??? that is the stock right? it is damn ugly :LOL: :LOL:
  8. I put a Yoshi Tri-Oval Stainless can on mine, the shape of the tri-oval works better IMHO than the oval does with the sort of pointy duck tail edges.
  9. Awesome!!!!

looks real nice
    and that colour is perfect

congrats on the new ride

10. Nice looking Bandit, quite a change from the cruiser eh? Have fun :)
  11. Just read a review of one in Cycle Torque, and you get the free luggage as well - great buying.

Congrats and enjoy.
  12. hah, a run-out special on the '06 model got you a great bike, one of the prettiest on the market, especially in that deep scarlet colour!! Congrats!!
  13. Congrats it looks great .
    Looking 100 times better then the pictures in the mag's I've seen.

Seen one for $10,500 new ....rideaway , :shock: ,it's alot of bike for the money . :grin:
  14. Shiinnneeeeeyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:
  15. +1 my thoughts exsactly
  16. Still took the train in to work today as a bit shy since my stack but bugger it, tomorrow I'm riding in. Got a disc lock as well as a cable lock. Taking no chances!
  17. Nice one!!

Fun begins @ 40 Jim!

Look forward to riding with you bud. :)

When you have time, check you email. Want to discuss something
    with you.
  18. Nice looking bike & colour.
  19. ha, suzuki have really come up with the goods! excellent price for a whole lotta bike. have you planned your first "big" ride yet?
  20. Not yet but it's gonna be a beaut!

I believe I shouldn't do too much 100kph stuff just yet as it ain't run in. Only done 100km but should be up to 500 by end of next week so may get out into the sticks then.

Bike shop said to rev her out but don't don't lug it.. Peak hour was a shocker on Sydney Rd today so may do the Ring Rd instead. 20km of 100kph should hurt her - specially if I vary the speed a bit.

Thanks for all your positive comments. Hard to believe she's in my garage.

Secured her with the steering lock, cable round a light pole and a disc lock while I was at work!!!